New Adult Book Club discussion

Mia Sheridan
This topic is about Mia Sheridan
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Mia Sheridan

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

Happy Sunday, NABC! Over the next two weeks we have an AMAZING Q&A with the fabulous Mia Sheridan! Mia is the author of Archer's Voice, Leo, Kyland, Grayson's Vow, Midnight Lily, and many others!

Please leave your questions for her below. <3

message 2: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) If you were ever to go the fantasy romance route, which kind would it be? Would it be wizards, faeries, vampires, gods and monsters, ghosts, or something else? What magical creature would you like to write about?

message 3: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 120 comments Out of the books you've written so far, which one is your most favorite and why?

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria Passia (marialovesbooks) | 8 comments I'd like to ask where you get your inspiration!

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Koot (judykoot) Where do you get your inspiration from?

message 6: by katherine (new)

katherine (skye282) Which one of your books do you like the most?

message 7: by Nina♡ (new)

Nina♡ (ninawreads) | 11 comments What is your next project?

message 8: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Hi Mia, I am a huge fan and I LOVE your books.

Is there a particular (sub)genre you would love to write in, that you haven't done yet? If so, what (sub)genre would that be and why?

message 9: by Emely (new)

Emely (mimilyblue) | 16 comments Hello! Do you have plans to write novella/s for any of your published stories? Thank you!

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Johnson | 47 comments A lot of authors are teaming up and writing books or series together these days. Who would be your dream co-author? OR Is this something you don't think you could ever do?

message 11: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 170 comments Are your characters inspired by people you know or have met?

message 12: by Brenna (new)

Brenna (brennaleigh) | 62 comments My question is...when will you come to Minnesota for a signing? I'd love to meet you but don't get a lot of opportunity for travel.

Paularbear  ☕  (paulazurc) | 4 comments What was the last book you read that you really liked?

message 14: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 11 comments What is writing process like? Do you have an outline and know where the story will go before you start, or do you let the story come out during the writing?

message 15: by Nadine (new)

Nadine A | 6 comments Hi Mia! I love your books!!!

Which one of your books was the hardest for you to write, and why?

Thank you!!

message 16: by SinfulSoulRead (new)

SinfulSoulRead | 15 comments Hello from the other side, Mia :)
My question is: For me, authors are like superstars, and having an opportunity to meet them is like dream come true. Do you have a unicorn author, you would love to meet?
Thank you :)

message 17: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Dehart | 133 comments What do you enjoy most about writing books?

message 18: by Paula (new)

Paula Ortiz | 84 comments Hi Mia! My question is related to the emotional characters and stories... Where does that inspiration come from? Thanks!

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasbookishlife) | 24 comments How did you come up with using zodiac signs as inspiration? I love everything you've written by the way! <3

message 20: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "Must have" when you are in writing mode?

message 21: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Quirks wrote: "If you were ever to go the fantasy romance route, which kind would it be? Would it be wizards, faeries, vampires, gods and monsters, ghosts, or something else? What magical creature would you like ..."

Hi there! Hmm! I do love fantasy, I'm just not sure I'd be great at writing it. :D But if I did, I think I'd go the faeries route. I did a little research into Irish folklores when I was writing Ramsay and it was fascinating. I'd probably start there. :D

message 22: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Beatrice wrote: "Out of the books you've written so far, which one is your most favorite and why?"

I always say that my favorite is the one I'm currently writing because I'm closest to the characters. :D But if I had to pick one out of all of them, I'd probably go with Becoming Calder. I just felt a particular love for those characters and I still miss them sometimes. <3

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Have you ever considered a part 2 for Archer's Voice?

message 24: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Maria wrote: "I'd like to ask where you get your inspiration!"

Hi Maria! Really from anywhere and everywhere. I don't think it's been the same for any of my books. For Most of All You, set to release on the 17th, it came from a quote by Bob Marley. :D It got my wheels spinning and the story emerged from there.

message 25: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Judy wrote: "Where do you get your inspiration from?"

Hi Judy! It's always a little bit different. A song ... a story I overhear in a restaurant :D ... for Most of All You, the inspiration started with a Bob Marley quote!

message 26: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments katherine wrote: "Which one of your books do you like the most?"

I don't necessarily like one of them the most, but I have a special affinity for Calder and Eden from Becoming Calder and Finding Eden. That was also the book that challenged me the most so it reserves a special place in my heart. <3

message 27: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Nina wrote: "What is your next project?"

My next project is called More Than Words and it will be out in June 2018. It's my second book being published by Forever. :) I can't say a lot about it just yet, but it's not a sign of love novel - it's a complete standalone. ;)

message 28: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Betul wrote: "Hi Mia, I am a huge fan and I LOVE your books.

Is there a particular (sub)genre you would love to write in, that you haven't done yet? If so, what (sub)genre would that be and why?"

Thank you so much, Betul! Well, in my next book (More Than Words, out in 2018), I dabbled just a bit in historical fiction which I LOVED. I'm not sure how great I was at it just yet as it's still being edited :D but I'm a huge history buff so it was a fun project. <3

message 29: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Emely wrote: "Hello! Do you have plans to write novella/s for any of your published stories? Thank you!"

HI Emely! Maybe! If I do, it will probably be once I complete my sign of love collection. After that, I'll consider some side characters and see if any of them inspire me. ;) :D

message 30: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Tiffany wrote: "A lot of authors are teaming up and writing books or series together these days. Who would be your dream co-author? OR Is this something you don't think you could ever do?"

Hi Tiffany! I've been asked a few times to do a project like this and I just don't think I'd be a very good writing partner. Haha. My process is so particular and I'd probably drive another author batty. Never say never! But for right now, I'm going to remain solo. :D

message 31: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments S.Shade wrote: "Are your characters inspired by people you know or have met?"

Hi there! I do put small pieces of people I know in my characters sometimes. But none of my characters have ever been completely based on a particular person. Although my husband likes to think each hero is based on him. Shhh. ;) :D

message 32: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Brenna wrote: "My question is...when will you come to Minnesota for a signing? I'd love to meet you but don't get a lot of opportunity for travel."

Hi Brenna! I'd love to, someday! I've never been to Minnesota! My friend's husband is from there and she continually talks about the cheese curds?? I think I need to try them. :D <3

message 33: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Paularbear ☕ wrote: "What was the last book you read that you really liked?"

Hi there! I finished Unloved by Katy Regnery a couple of weeks ago and loved it! It's out today! <3

message 34: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Marcy wrote: "What is writing process like? Do you have an outline and know where the story will go before you start, or do you let the story come out during the writing?"

Hi Marcy! <3 I do put together an outline, but it's not very detailed. It's basically a list of bullet points so I know the main events of the story. But what happens from one point to another is always a little bit unknown to me when I begin. :D But I do like to know where I'm heading at the very least! :D

message 35: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Nadine wrote: "Hi Mia! I love your books!!!

Which one of your books was the hardest for you to write, and why?

Thank you!!"

Hi Nadine! Thank you so much. I'd say Becoming Calder/Finding Eden was the most difficult because I had to do world building and I'd never done that before. It was also probably the most intense and so I had to dig down deep for that. For those reasons though, that story is near and dear to my heart. <3

message 36: by R (new)

R Rais | 1 comments Hi, Mia. I love you from Archer's Voice. His sweetness and yet strong. His alpha ness and yet so kind and tender. My question is : from all the books you've read and write, what make you fall in love and make a character your book boyfriend?

message 37: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments SinfulSoul_ wrote: "Hello from the other side, Mia :)
My question is: For me, authors are like superstars, and having an opportunity to meet them is like dream come true. Do you have a unicorn author, you would love ..."

Hi there! Thank you so much! <3 Hmm . . . I'd love to meet EL James but I'd probably make an idiot of myself. I saw her once across a crowded bar and hid behind a plant. :( Super cool.

message 38: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments Hi, Mia!! I hope you're doing great!!
Do you plan on coming to Brazil any time soon??

message 39: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Katrina wrote: "What do you enjoy most about writing books?"

The fact that I get to daydream for a living. <3

message 40: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Paula wrote: "Hi Mia! My question is related to the emotional characters and stories... Where does that inspiration come from? Thanks!"

Hi Paula! I base a lot of the emotions of the characters on how I myself would react to particular situations. It's a hard thing to do, because it's sort of like telling the world your secrets, but I do think that that always makes the characters' emotional reactions more authentic and relatable. <3 (Hopefully). <3

message 41: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments What's the biggest challenge you have to face when you write a book?

message 42: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Melissa wrote: "How did you come up with using zodiac signs as inspiration? I love everything you've written by the way! <3"

Hi Melissa! Thank you! I originally came up with the concept when I read a fun little article on Yahoo while in the middle of writing my first book. I thought it would be really interesting to take a character with the innate characteristics of a sign and throw some life events at them that would have them veer off the path that they would naturally take. How would they fight to return to who they were meant to be? What would that look like? In some books it is a bigger theme, and in others it's only vaguely explored, but I always have fun thinking about it as I mold my story. :)

message 43: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Cassie wrote: "What is your "Must have" when you are in writing mode?"

HI Cassie! A blanket. I'm ETERNALLY cold. :D

message 44: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Dawn wrote: "Have you ever considered a part 2 for Archer's Voice?"

Not a part two, but there IS an extended epilogue in the new paperback, coming out in Feb. 2018. ;) It was fun to re-visit Archer and Bree and their growing family. <3

message 45: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Rahmayanti wrote: "Hi, Mia. I love you from Archer's Voice. His sweetness and yet strong. His alpha ness and yet so kind and tender. My question is : from all the books you've read and write, what make you fall in lo..."

Hi Rahmayanti! Thank you! I'd say, that for me, a hero is sexy if he has a true goodness to him. He can be alpha, or sweet, or nerdy, or a jock, but in all cases, I want to feel his genuine heart leap off the pages. <3

message 46: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments MiDouradoP wrote: "Hi, Mia!! I hope you're doing great!!
Do you plan on coming to Brazil any time soon??"

Hi there! Oh gosh, I'd love to! It's a dream! Someday. I adore my Brazilian readers. <3

message 47: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 122 comments Carolina wrote: "What's the biggest challenge you have to face when you write a book?"

Hi Carolina! I'd say at this point, the biggest challenge for me is to keep those negative voices out of my head. I've heard all the things people don't like about my books, and all the complaints about my novels, and if I let those words affect my story or my process, I tend to freeze up. So the true challenge for me is to try to push those voices aside and let the story flow from my gut.

message 48: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (kyvalentine) Hi Mia, Who is your favorite author? Where do you get your inspiration? You books are so good!

message 49: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Noblet | 18 comments my question... : When will you come back here in France? 😘

message 50: by Paula (new)

Paula D (paula13) | 7 comments Do you listen to music while you write? And what gave you the idea for Most of all You?

« previous 1 3