Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2191 comments The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

I enjoyed this story of a fictitious Hollywood star biography as told to a magazine writer who had been chosen for some reason of Evelyn Hugo's own. There is going to be a surprise at the end - Hugo tells us that a couple of times as she tells the story to Monique (the writer). The story is mostly Hugo's but occasionally it is also Monique's until the end when it is almost all Monique.

There are surprises right from the beginning though as Hugo tells of the people she has loved in her life. The surprise at the end was not one I expected though others who are better at solving things may have had it figured out.

The story went a little slowly for me but I feel that was just because I had too many things going and was reading the print version rather than listening to the audio while I tried to keep my nose to the grindstone at home. Good story, well written, glad I read it.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7717 comments Glad you enjoyed it! There were definitely a couple of points in the narrative that felt a bit redundant at times.

I did love this one more than you though, I think it will likely make my Top 10 this year.