NHCPL Reads discussion

What Are You Reading? > October 2017: What Are You Reading This Month?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by New Hanover (new)

New Hanover County Public Library | 42 comments Mod
31 new days of reading! Share what you are reading this month.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindapsy) | 3 comments I'm reading Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult for my book club.

message 3: by Annice (new)

Annice (asevett) | 37 comments I recently finished Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. The book focuses on two families in Shaker Heights, Ohio, one seemingly perfect and the other a single mother and her daughter who move around a lot and shake things up with their arrival. This is a good family drama that kept my attention until the end. It is currently on the New York Times bestseller list.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 20 comments I'm just getting into Astoria: John Jacob Astor and Thomas Jefferson's Lost Pacific Empire: A Story of Wealth, Ambition, and Survival, but having found one glaring factual error in the first chapter I'm not sure I will enjoy finishing this book.

(In case you're wondering about the error: The book states that Sir Walter Raleigh founded Jamestown in 1607. Sorry, but Jamestown was founded/funded by the Virginia Company of London. By 1607 Sir Walter Raleigh was imprisoned by King James I.)

message 5: by Danielle (last edited Oct 25, 2017 05:31AM) (new)

Danielle | 2 comments I started the month of October finishing up The Sea of Tranquility. Really loved the story so much that I finished it in a day (or should I say night!)! :) Throughout October, I've also read Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone, Our Chemical Hearts, Drama (for banned books week), Hidden Bodies (loved this brilliantly creepy duology) , Without Merit, Stand-Off (another fantastically written fun, humorous, moving YA duology) and just finished Love & Gelato!

Getting ready to start John Green's newest Turtles All the Way Down! :D

message 6: by Nina (last edited Nov 01, 2017 05:48AM) (new)