0 by 2019 discussion

TBR Pile Count > TBR Pile Count

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Dawson (adladybug) | 19 comments Mod
Here is where we can post and talk about the book's we have finished and how our TBR piles are changing over the course of the next year and a few months. Once I get a solid amount on how many books I have I will update this with my own. Good luck everyone!

message 2: by Swissmoon (new)

Swissmoon This is a great idea! I’ve needed motivation to get off my Kindle and go back to the books on my shelves. I have about 110 I’d like to get through.

message 3: by Alyssa (new)

Swissmoon wrote: "This is a great idea! I’ve needed motivation to get off my Kindle and go back to the books on my shelves. I have about 110 I’d like to get through."

That is awesome! I have 127 physical books as of right now that I would like to get through. I am not counting ebooks because I bought a bunch of $.99 or free ones on a whim and would still like to read them but the physical books are intimidating and I would like to get some read and donated myself as I will only read some of them once, but I want to read them once to say I've read them.

My goal by the end of 2017 is to get the 27 done so I only have 100 for next year but am hoping to read more than that so I am ahead of the game for next year.

Can't wait to hear about some more people's numbers and goals!!

message 4: by Sleepover137 (new)

Sleepover137 | 13 comments Mod
Okay, my "Problem" is a bit bigger. I'm at about 500 books I'd need to get through. With my Master Thesis coming up next year I'd be happy with reading anything between 50 and 75 books, but my goal will be set to 50 because that will keep me motivated better. I also want to give away another 50 books at least (not necessarily unread ones though) and If I can get through ALL of my manga that would be amazing because that would probably take of another 100 unread books of the list.
So:
- 50 book reading challenge
- unhaul 50 books
- read all manga

message 5: by Swissmoon (new)

Swissmoon Ah, I have that same ebook issue! I keep "buying" the free books and adding them to my digital pile! It's not a free run through a bookstore where you can grab anything you want off the shelf at no cost, but it's still pretty fun!

message 6: by Swissmoon (new)

Swissmoon How's everyone doing with their piles? Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo this month? It's my first year participating so I have only finished one hard copy TBR so far this month, Treason, interesting book!

message 7: by Haley Wynn (new)

Haley Wynn (wynning_unicorn) | 1 comments Hello fellow readers! I don't have nearly as many books in my physical tbr pile as the majority of you do, but I am a full time literature major, so I am limited on time for personal reading. I have around 50 unread books laying around. Definitely looking forward to tackling these books throughout the year; also, I have banned myself from buying any new books until I have reached zero. Instead, I will be utilizing the library, and only acquiring new books through friends as gifts for my birthday in the Summer.

message 8: by Alyssa (new)

My TBR pile has definitely not shrunk as much as I would have liked it to within the last few weeks. I’m attempting to get through some right now and luckily I am going on a vacation the first week of the year so hopefully I can get a kickstart to the new year then. How is everyone else doing on their numbers?

message 9: by Sleepover137 (new)

I may or may not have completely ignored the library card, I got in Ireland and insted bought waaaay too many new books? X.x

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Dominik wrote: "Hello everyone!
I am so glad that I found this group because my tbr became so huge in 2017 that I have to shrink it a little bit. At this moment I have 198 books on my tbr. In the end of december I..."

I'm so glad you found us too!! I have sadly fallen back into a slump myself, but hopefully we can all help one another to stay focused to get our piles down as much as possible!!

message 11: by zahraa (new)

zahraa al lawati (laloolawati) | 1 comments Hello!!
Just joined the group, I got 90 books on my physical tbr shelf.
I think I can do this...hopefully!

message 12: by Alyssa (new)

Zahraa wrote: "Hello!!
Just joined the group, I got 90 books on my physical tbr shelf.
I think I can do this...hopefully!"

Thanks for joining us!! 90 is attainable! You can do it!

My number is now down to 125 after finishing Before I Fall last night.

How is everyone else doing for their goals?

message 13: by Alyssa (new)

How is everyone doing? I have read three books so far this month and am going onto my fourth! I'm down to 123 books which is still high but hey its only January.

Should we do a readathon at some point? What are some things that would help to encourage everyone to stay on track for their goals?

message 14: by Sleepover137 (new)

I have finished five (did a readathon last week) and I am always for a readathon!

message 15: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 1 comments Does anyone have tip on how to get out of a reading slump? I have been in one in weeks and can’t seem to get out of it. :(

message 16: by Sleepover137 (new)

I usually read something short or pick up a book, start reading it and only keep reading if it has me hooked on the first 50 pages. Otherwise I pick up another and try that. Reading five books at the same time always helps because there is always stuff to choose from ^^

message 17: by Alyssa (new)

The way I got out of my recent slump was picking up a book by an author that I knew I’d love. I was in love with the other books I’d read by her so I wanted to read something else by her to get out of my slump. That seemed to work for me but sometimes I also reread a favorite book and that seems to work too.

message 18: by Alyssa (new)

Hi everyone!!

Sorry for the lack of posting and time commitment! Life hit me with a brick. My TBR pile is now down to 105! I have unhauled and read enough that it has gone down drastically and it encourages me to continue to read! How are you all doing with your numbers?

I have made a new thread for a readathon that Nicole and I are running. I would love to hear if anyone else is going to participate!