The Fitz Fandom discussion

General > Teaser talk

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

*ratherbereading* This is where we'll discuss the Nightfall teasers that Shannon Messenger will start posting Tuesday!!!

message 2: by malayna (new)

malayna (malaynachang) | 205 comments *ratherbereading* wrote: "This is where we'll discuss the Nightfall teasers that Shannon Messenger will start posting Tuesday!!!"

How does everyone know this stuff?

*ratherbereading* Twitter. :)

OKAY!!!! Here's the first one!!!!

"Sorry, Gigantor... Foolish is my speciality."

So I think we can all agree that this is Keefe. Do you guys have any ideas? Scene? Emotion? Thought behind it?

*ratherbereading* Nothing? Well, I guess it isn't really the kind that tells you much... Here's the next one!!!

"Mallowmelt always makes a difficult conversation better."

Shannon says this is Alden. :)

message 5: by *ratherbereading* (last edited Oct 17, 2017 01:21PM) (new)

*ratherbereading* Next: "Are you sure you don't want to find some less dangerous friends?"

Shannon says this is Tam talking to Linh. :)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) The first one is definitely Keefe, but what was he doing?

A difficult conversation, huh? Maybe what they will do with Amy. Possibly about the fate of Sophie's parents?

Tam isn't talking about himself being one of the dangerous friends because he's her brother, so he's probably double checking as a joke with Linh if she wants to join the BlackSwan.

message 7: by *Ramya* (new)

*Ramya* | 595 comments Mod
Yup :)

*ratherbereading* Next one: "Welcome to my World," Dex told him. "It's always, 'Dex, you can stay behind and work on the gadgets!'"

message 9: by *Ramya* (new)

Did Shannon say who Dex was talking to? Sophie? Fitz? Keefe? Biana? Tam? Linh? Or...a new kid - Amy?!

*ratherbereading* She didn't say.... So many theories.... Have you read the first chapter of Nightfall? Cause I'm a little bit confused about the role Amy is going to play in Nightfall. I'm sure It gets swung around somehow, though. :)

message 11: by *Ramya* (new)

THE FIRST CHAPTER OF NIGHTFALL HAS BEEN POSTED?!

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

As you can see, I am super fangirling right now!

*ratherbereading* YEAH. IT HAS. I messaged you... Go to keeperofthelostcities.com. Youll find it. It's AWFUL. BUT AMAZING. I'M STILL DYING.

message 13: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) I just read it!
*Currently dying inside*
I was so set on Amy/Natalie going to live in the lost cities that i forgot that this book has to be reasonable and that it's not going to go exactly how i want it to.

*ratherbereading* I still think somehow it'll happen so that that happens. It has to! :) Also, you should join me and Ramya over on the thread Nightfall countdown. We have some great questions and its lonely... ;)

message 15: by *Ramya* (new)

*ratherbereading* wrote: "I still think somehow it'll happen so that that happens. It has to! :) Also, you should join me and Ramya over on the thread Nightfall countdown. We have some great questions and its lonely... ;)"

I know right! Everyone's dreams will be crushed if the kids don't find a way to smuggle Amy in the Lost Cities without the adults knowing! Also, maybe this is where the 'mallowmelt and difficult discussion' quote comes in. By the way, my school laptop is blocking Shannon's Instagram AND the first chapter - I had to read it on my phone, which was not very pleasant :(

message 16: by *ratherbereading* (last edited Oct 24, 2017 01:47PM) (new)

*ratherbereading* Really? You can get to the first chapter just by typing keeperofthelostcities.com. I was able to view it on a school ipad last year.

Next: Don't you wish we could build some sort of protective bubble and put everyone we care about in it?"

Shannon says this one is from Sophie.

message 17: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 26, 2017 07:19AM) (new)

This sounds so much like her! The first time I saw it, though, I thought Fitz said it - maybe that was just wishful thinking :)

*ratherbereading* XD

message 19: by *Ramya* (new)

Can't wait for the next teaser!

message 20: by *Ramya* (new)

11 more days until Nightfall comes out!

message 21: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 26, 2017 07:31AM) (new)

*ratherbereading* wrote: "Really? You can get to the first chapter just by typing keeperofthelostcities.com. I was able to view it on a school ipad last year.

Next: Don't you wish we could build some sort of protective bu..."

WARNING! Rant about school!

Also: my school blocks everything that's not education related. The school laptop used to let me look at Shannon Messenger's Instagram and website on my home WiFi, but a new program has been launched to help us not stumble across sketchy websites even at home! Honestly though, we know what's sketchy and what's not. This program is only hindering our education - it even blocks websites you need for research for projects! The reason I can't read the first chapter of Nightfall is that my laptop blocks the link to the chapter on keeperofthelostcities.com; now I have to use my phone to read everything, which hurts my eyes - and my parents disapprove of me reading on my phone instead of a laptop :(

Educators and the things they do that harm us even though their intention was to help us :) *shakes head*

message 22: by *ratherbereading* (last edited Oct 26, 2017 11:19AM) (new)

*ratherbereading* Next:

"Our little girl is growing up and getting so snarky!...I've never been so proud."

*ratherbereading* This sounds like Keefe to me...

message 24: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (-readingfiona-) Yeah kinda sounds like Keefe, but I feel like it should be Grady and Edaline

*ratherbereading* Yeah. :)

*ratherbereading* Sorry, forgot about this. Next:

I know how easy it is to slip into despair... but try not to lose hope."

She says this one is Edaline.

message 27: by *ratherbereading* (last edited Oct 31, 2017 11:47AM) (new)

*ratherbereading* Next:

I think we all know that whatever the Neverseen's plan is, it'll be huge, and intricate, and nothing we're expecting."

Here's what Shannon says about this one:

"Time for another NIGHTFALL teaser—and this one feels very dun dun dunnnnnnn. I won’t tell you exactly who said it because you don’t really know the character yet. But I will say it’s a member of the Black Swan."

My guess is Prentice...

message 28: by *Ramya* (new)

I feel like we haven't met this character yet...

It could be a kid or an adult, and I'm hopeful that it's a kid! Then again, it sounds like an adult.

*ratherbereading* Well she said that you "don't really" know this character yet, so I don't think its someone completely new... She also said that it's a member of the Black Swan so yeah, it think it's an adult...

message 30: by *Ramya* (new)

I guess we just have to wait and see for ourselves :)

message 31: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (-readingfiona-) I really have no Idea but Stina is a maybe, her father turned out different but then again, her father does not include his children sooooo. I don't think she would say that, though we don't know her very well.....

message 32: by *Ramya* (new)

Yeah - can't wait for Nightfall!!!!!!

6 more days!!!!!!!!!!!

message 33: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (-readingfiona-) Not counting today 5:)

message 34: by *Ramya* (last edited Nov 02, 2017 08:37PM) (new)

:)

4 more days!

message 35: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) My copy is coming on the 13th, so I'm actually at peace right now.

Now Me:I'm not even going to freak out when I have to wait another year.

After I read it:I NEED the next book I have to see is x happens, or y happens!!!!!!!!!!!

message 36: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) Haha, I always think I'll be cool with whatever happens, but clearly, I overestimate myself in that regard. XD

*ratherbereading* Haha! I get mine on the 10th... :(

*ratherbereading* Next: " Sometimes I get tired of being strong..."

Sophie. :)

message 39: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (-readingfiona-) I wonder who she is saying it to.

message 40: by *Ramya* (new)

Poor Sophie :(

message 41: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) Don't we all.
:)

*ratherbereading* She's saying to Alden. I saw it in the look inside on amazon. Btw, DON'T READ IT IT'S TORTURE. I still wish I would have just waited. Oh well...

*ratherbereading* Next: "With Keefe there's always more to the story."

Oooooo this one is interesting. Fitz says it....

message 44: by *Ramya* (new)

In the comments, someone said the quote was in Chapter 3!

I just looked at the Amazon sample too and had to stop myself when I somehow ended up at Chapter Seven! (Of course, there's a LOT of skipped pages!)

message 45: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) How can i read the sample?
I checked "kindle" but they don't have a sample

message 46: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (-readingfiona-) Go to Amazon and click "Look inside" above the picture of nightfall.

message 47: by *Ramya* (new)

Try to stop before you get too far, though.

message 48: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) Haha, okay!

message 49: by *Ramya* (new)

Seriously - I somehow got to the beginning of Chapter 7 after 30 pages - you have to stop yourself, or the whole book might be spoiled!

message 50: by *Molly Frannces* (new)

*Molly Frannces* (primteahatter) I just read it and am going to try and not spoil it by talking about it! 😣