Christian Theological/Philosophical Book Club discussion

The Library - Books and Books > New (short) book on baptism

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kent (new)

Kent Locke (kentlocke) | 5 comments Hi everyone. I'm a young (26 year old) and relatively new author currently living Cape Town, South Africa. Ever since coming to faith in my teens, I've had an interest in applying my mind to knowing and loving God. I've always had a keen interest in theology for this reason. I've served as a youth pastor for a number of years, and have recently taken some time off to write and self-publish some books through Amazon. I've just released my first publication on baptism, which I began writing some time ago while at university. I would be very appreciative if you might take the time to have a look at the book, and perhaps leave a review if you felt inclined! I will be offering the book free through Kindle for a limited time. You can check it out at the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0767NCKRH

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven Kopp Kent, best of luck with your book, and congrats on having the discipline to complete such a project.

I'm curious, in approaching baptism, which tradition do your approach it from? (Not looking to debate, just curious).

message 3: by Kent (new)

Kent Locke (kentlocke) | 5 comments Steven wrote: "Kent, best of luck with your book, and congrats on having the discipline to complete such a project.

I'm curious, in approaching baptism, which tradition do your approach it from? (Not looking to..."

Hi Steven. Thanks for your comment. I got saved in a mildly charismatic baptist church (solid theology and a splash of the Holy Spirit)*. So that's my personal lens, but I've tried to be as objective as possible in writing the booklet.

* little bit of sarcasm there

message 4: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Sounds fun.

Did you look into: was the thief on the cross baptized?

message 5: by Kent (new)

Kent Locke (kentlocke) | 5 comments Rod wrote: "Sounds fun.

Did you look into: was the thief on the cross baptized?"

Hi Rod. Thanks for the comment. Not explicitly, although I do ask the question, "Does Baptism Save?" under which I explore whether baptism is necessary for salvation, which would apply to the example repentant thief on the cross who was not baptised.