What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suddenly You
This topic is about Suddenly You
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance, man hires prostitute and he mistakes the woman who comes to visit for said prostitute. They later fall in love. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 21 comments I read it around 2009 though it may have been an older book. It was like a renaissance romance and the main character has a friend who runs a whore house and he asks her to send him a prostitute because he hasnt been having much luck. Even though hes like rich.. and hot..
Anyway she plays a small joke on him and sends a woman around the exact time she said she would send the prostitute, except this woman only needed to talk to him for some sort of actual like business purposes.
Anyway obvioulsy he thinks shes the prostitute but they later end up actually falling in love.
Please help me find it i remeber thoroughly enjoying it

message 2: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 21 comments I also remeber that before they fell in love she started working for him and possibly even moved in. I dont know if that will help at all. Also him hiring a prostitute was totally out of character, and his friend sent him this woman because she genuinely believed they would be good together because the womam was smart and all that.

message 3: by Mrsbooks (new) - added it

Mrsbooks | 252 comments I’ve read this exact plot as a regency romance and the genders reversed.

message 4: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 21 comments Mrsbooks wrote: "I’ve read this exact plot as a regency romance and the genders reversed."

Hmmm what book? I read so many romance novels around this time that i may be blurry on improtant details

Aerulan | 1190 comments Mrsbooks wrote: "I’ve read this exact plot as a regency romance and the genders reversed."

I thought the exact same thing reading the first post.
The one that came to mind for me was Suddenly You. Though there might have been another with the same set up that I can't quite bring to mind yet. Sadly not the hero doing the hiring in that one either.

message 6: by Mrsbooks (new) - added it

Mrsbooks | 252 comments Vivi wrote: "Mrsbooks wrote: "I’ve read this exact plot as a regency romance and the genders reversed."

Hmmm what book? I read so many romance novels around this time that i may be blurry on improtant details"

Suddenly You As Aerulan pointed out. Its really good. If it’s not your book, it’s still a great suggestion.

message 7: by Mrsbooks (new) - added it

Mrsbooks | 252 comments Aerulan wrote: "Mrsbooks wrote: "I’ve read this exact plot as a regency romance and the genders reversed."

I thought the exact same thing reading the first post.
The one that came to mind for me was [book:Suddenl..."

He technically does hire her (view spoiler)

Aerulan | 1190 comments Mrsbooks wrote: "He technically does hire her..."

You're right he does! I was thinking of it more in the sense of it not being the hero who's the one hiring a 'companion' for the evening. Since she's the one who sends for a prostitute and gets him instead. I think I've read at least one other that fits that sort of plot but it was the same 'woman hires a guy' not the other way around.

message 9: by Vivi (last edited Oct 14, 2017 03:44PM) (new)

Vivi | 21 comments That was it im certain of it! Thanks guys my memory was so wildly wrong i can't believe you found it

Aerulan | 1190 comments Vivi wrote: "That was it im certain of it! Thanks guys my memory was so wildly wrong i can't believe you found it"

You're welcome! I'm glad we could help you track it down.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Suddenly You (other topics)