Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > New book not showing on my profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rod (new)

Rod Little | 24 comments The 2nd volume to my series is not showing up on my profile, but it is on Goodreads.

Amzn ASIN: B0764CT276
Title: Revenge of the Spiders by Rod Little

The author name matches my first book's author name exactly.
(Earthweeds is part I).

Can you add this to my profile?
Thanks.
Rod

message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Little | 24 comments Ah I see the mistake. There is an "Editor" from the 80s with the same name as mine (Why is an editor listed as an author, especially when he only edited a few magazines in the 80s? Any way to remove?)

Anyway, please move B0764CT276 to the correct Rod Little. Easy to figure out, because it's Part I and Part II of a series.

Thanks!

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3055 comments Moved and series created.

I don't know which magazines you are talking about, but editors are added for records like anthologies and reference materials.

message 4: by Rod (new)

Rod Little | 24 comments Can you move my book so that it's on my author page? Part 1 is on my page (I am the author), and Part 2 is on this editor from the 80s (makes no sense, haha, but I guess it's a glitch). Seems even a computer program could recognize Part 2 goes with the author of Part 1 . :)

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20811 comments It was moved, see message 3.
Here is the list of books that is on your profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...
including Revenge of the Spiders.

Rod wrote: "Seems even a computer program could recognize Part 2 goes with the author of Part 1 . :) ..."
I don't know about that in general. On GR it doesn't work that way. Books by different authors with the same name have to be moved manually by librarians.

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3055 comments I did move it: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list..., you may not see it due to caching, it will clear in day or two.

Rod wrote: "Seems even a computer program could recognize Part 2 goes with the author of Part 1 . :) ..."
Nope, bots import everything to the one-spaced, default profiles as far as I know.

message 7: by Rod (new)

Rod Little | 24 comments Thanks!