Dumbledore's Army discussion

Questions about HP > Questions for JKR

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 2208 comments Mod
What would you want to ask her?

message 2: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) How many characters did she make total? How many weren't used?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

why so many people died!

message 4: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

WHO DID YOU KNWO WHAT TO HER..

message 5: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

OOH OOH, WHO MARRIES MALFOY. I'M THINKING PANSY, BUT THAT'S JUST MY GUESS.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments We already know who marries Malfoy. Her name is Astoria Greengrass, and is most likely a pureblood.

message 7: by Austin (new)

Austin (ABedolla) wtf!!! who the heck is Astoria Green grass?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments She's a random pureblood. The Malfoys (along with many other pureblood families) don't marry for love. They marry based on their ancestry (inbreds!).

message 9: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "We already know who marries Malfoy. Her name is Astoria Greengrass, and is most likely a pureblood."

Ohhh..Thanks!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

pureblood!that's like saying that just because your white or black you get better treatment then the other race!

message 11: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Asiyah wrote: "pureblood!that's like saying that just because your white or black you get better treatment then the other race!"

Kinda..

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry!i'm like that sometimes!

message 13: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Yeah..Don't worry..

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

but it is kinda like saying that isn't?!

message 15: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 125 comments Yeah. I think Today did an interview where they asked some fans to come and ask questions and one of them made that reference. And another asked her if she meant the way Voldemort treats Muggle-borns is based off from the Nazi's way of thinking, concerning the Jews.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

huh.......it just seems like it!

message 17: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

message 18: by Casey (new)

Casey lol...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

~☺Jenn☺~ wrote: "GREAT, YOU MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY THAT I SUPPORT VOLDY."

NO NO!IT'S NOT ALL HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAME'S FAULT!IT'S MALFOY'S TOO!

message 20: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 125 comments "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our ablilities."

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Aegine wrote: "Yeah. I think Today did an interview where they asked some fans to come and ask questions and one of them made that reference. And another asked her if she meant the way Voldemort treats Muggle-bor..."

I remember reading that interview. She also mentioned that Dumbledore defeating Grindelwald the same year as Hitler was defeated was meant to strenghten that comparison.

message 22: by Aegine (last edited Aug 28, 2009 06:03PM) (new)

Aegine | 125 comments Probably. I noticed that as I rereading it this summer. If I remember right, Krum's from Bulgaria, which is sorta by Hungary-ish area...it's southeast of the Austrian Empire! Anyways, that's where Krum is from right? Why would he go to a school up north? I've looked at some maps and I would guess that Durmstrang would be on the tip of Germany by the sea or on Norway/Sweden. I like to think it's in Germany because of the Hitler/Grindelwald comparision but that's probably not right....

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments I'm looking for it right now.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Yes, Krum is Bulgarian. Maybe Krum's parents agreed a bit more with the Durmstrang attitude towards dark magic than with the Hogwarts attitude. Considering that Durmstrang is supposed to be north of Hogwarts, Norway or Sweden would make the most sense to me, although I think that Grindelwald was from Germany.

message 25: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 125 comments Yeah me too. That's one of the questions I'd ask JKR: why did Krum go to Durmstrang? He seems like a nice guy.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Found the links!

http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2...
Go to "find" and search for "1945".

Search for "Hitler".

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments My bad. I posted the wrong link.
This is the right one. :)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 265 comments Well, as far as why Krum didn't go to Hogwarts, I think that the parents have more to do with what school they go to. How many 11-year olds really put much thought into what school they want to go to?

message 29: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Well, as far as why Krum didn't go to Hogwarts, I think that the parents have more to do with what school they go to. How many 11-year olds really put much thought into what school they want to go..."

Hmm..

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

double-hmmm..

message 31: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 1972 comments Mod
I would totally ask her why Voldy had to die and Harry had to live.

message 32: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

The answer to that, is probably because all HarryFans would murder her.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah..that's why swati.*rolls eyes*

message 34: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

xD

message 35: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Me neither... I would hug her... right NOW I want to murder her....

message 36: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

xD xD That's what I THOUGHT you guys would say.

message 37: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 125 comments Tiffany wrote: "I would totally ask her why Voldy had to die and Harry had to live."

Well think about it. The series have mostly been from Harry's point of view, right? So either she would have to explain the concept of the after-life and thus getting herself into a big huge debate and make her books even more infamous or skirt around the edges, like she did in the epilogue. And another thing: if it was from Harry's point of view, we wouldn't know what might've happened to the other characters. I suppose she could switch perpectives but to whose? And, to me, that wouldn't feel right. I think this is probably the best as it's going to get, SO DEAL WITH IT!

message 38: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

WOOHOO!!!! GO AEGINE!!!!!!!!!!

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 29, 2009 08:13AM) (new)

*whispers to swati*it's pandy all over again....but with a edge...i like her.

message 40: by Pandy (last edited Aug 29, 2009 09:09AM) (new)

Pandy | 637 comments Lol - I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I haven't written a lengthy comment in a long time.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

so....your still a legend!

message 42: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 125 comments ♥will kill you with randomness♥asiyah♥ wrote: "*whispers to swati*it's pandy all over again....but with a edge...i like her."

*blushes* Well, I am in total awe when Pandy posts long stuff, she's really smart!

message 43: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Pandy wrote: "Lol - I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I haven't written a lengthy comment in a long time."

I have! Gaps!

message 44: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Aegine wrote: "♥will kill you with randomness♥asiyah♥ wrote: "*whispers to swati*it's pandy all over again....but with a edge...i like her."

*blushes* Well, I am in total awe when Pandy posts long stuff, she's..."

Yeah, same here.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

me also!wait..you guys don't know me!

message 46: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

I totally agree. No matter what, you made yourself famous and if you ever become a mod, your fist title, will be, "The Original Pandy" =D

message 47: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Aegine wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "I would totally ask her why Voldy had to die and Harry had to live."

Well think about it. The series have mostly been from Harry's point of view, right? So either she would have ..."

I know. Still. The ending is too happy, even if it was from Harry's perspective. Some of us are VERY VERY angry. OK. fine. I agree with Aegine. But why did she have to kill off any of the characters that I actually LIKED! For example, Dobby, Hedwig, Sirius (I'm not saying voldy cause he's the "bad guy")

message 48: by ♫Huneeya♥ (new)

♫Huneeya♥ | 14 comments i know, its so sad that dobby had to die

message 49: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 125 comments I know it's sad but she has to show us that war isn't fair (I think someone already said it somewhere) and Hedwig sorta symbolized his innocence and this series is more about growing up than living happily-ever after. Which would you prefer? A book where everything was easy and no one died with no drama or how the book is now: characters going through some tough times, people dying, drama, and action?

message 50: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

I know. I like the second choice. It's just that it was annoying that all the ppl that were actually likeable by most (Voldy is villan, no one likes him. Harry is the main character, some like him, some don't.). It just makes me angry that Harry and Hermione can't die and Dobby and Sirius have to die.

« previous 1