Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free Beta for YA Fantasy (preferably High Fantasy)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1 comments Hello all,

I'm a college student who loves to read and write! I've never Beta'd before, but I'm interested in checking out your YA Fantasy, preferably high fantasy! I'm only interesting in Beta'ing one novel at the moment due to being busy. Please post a quick summary & word count and I'll PM you my email if I'm interested!

Thank you :):)

message 2: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Carscadden | 9 comments Hi! Ive written a YA fantasy/adventure story. It follows two young bounty hunters who take on demons, monsters, gods and kings. If youre interested i could send you a sample piece!

Saloni (earnestlyeccentric) | 12 comments Emma wrote: "Hello all,

I'm a college student who loves to read and write! I've never Beta'd before, but I'm interested in checking out your YA Fantasy, preferably high fantasy! I'm only interesting in Beta'in..."

Hi!

I'm writing a fantasy/adventure story which is currently sitting at 50K words.

Here's the blurb:
Fifteen-year-old Charlie Tower despises his life and has made up his mind to run away. In an attempt to escape from the life he is leading, he accompanies a mysterious woman, Neola, on what is meant to be a short trip. However, after witnessing Emma's brother, Hayden, being kidnapped, and almost running over Jo, Charlie is whisked into an adventure to a far-off island.

Join them as they face strange creatures, a failing monarchy and the scent of rebellion in the air.

Oh, and there's me—just a lonely narrator who'd like to tell my story.

Please let me know if you're interested. You can contact me through Goodreads or at salonisuhas@gmail.com.

message 4: by Folami (new)

Folami Morris | 18 comments Hello,

I have a Ya fantasy if you're interested.Query below

Seventeen-year old Maya Richardson joined the commune army for food, shelter, and an excuse to kick people—not necessarily in that order. She doesn’t believe she’ll ever see the front line though. The militia has been preparing for a fight with the Gliesians for the past 400 years. But the Gliesians—the super-powered aliens that now co-habit the Earth—have been completely peaceful. Maya, like most humans, refuses to buy into the conspiracy theories--until her mom is abducted.

Maya will do anything to save her mom, but the fearful commune elders forbid Maya from leaving the compound grounds. The only person on her side is Roman, a seventeen-year-old outsider, with a grudge against the aliens for killing his dad. Maya and Roman escape from the compound and into the glittering allure of the Gliesian city. But everything that glitters isn’t gold, and Maya’s search for answers uncovers a nefarious plot that has been causing the human population to dwindle for centuries.

Caught spying on the aliens, Maya is thrown in prison and sentenced to death. Roman risks his life to free her, but exposes himself to be something other than human—something she can’t accept. With her mom’s life on the line, Maya must convince the rest of the humans that the aliens pose a threat, the commune that they are capable of winning the war, and herself that Roman isn’t the enemy.

message 5: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Morris | 67 comments Hi there, I have an 88k completed fantasy novel that may well be your cup of tea.

Saviour: the making of a superhero

He’s an artist who creates superheroes…
But does he have the courage to become one?

Tempted?
T