Play Book Tag discussion

Skippy Dies
This topic is about Skippy Dies
Archive: Other Books > Skippy Dies / Paul Murray. 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8808 comments Daniel (aka Skippy) dies in the first sentence of the book. He and a friend are in a donut-eating competition and Skippy just keels over, before even eating any of the donuts. From here, the story goes back in time, leading up to Skippy’s death and follows a few different characters, including Skippy, Howard (one of the teachers at Skippy’s boarding school), and Carl (a drug-dealing reprobate and bully). The book then continues beyond Skippy’s death to how people are dealing with it.

The book was ok. I actually found Howard’s story most interesting, but Skippy’s got more interesting after a bit. I hated Carl and really didn’t enjoy reading any of the sections that focused on him. I also didn’t much enjoy the sections that focused on Skippy’s friends. Some of the dialogue did not have quotation marks which bothers me! Also, it felt a little odd in the parts when the second-person pronoun, “you”, was used.

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments I think the title of the book is fun. I would have picked it up just based on that.

LibraryCin | 8808 comments Diane wrote: "I think the title of the book is fun. I would have picked it up just based on that."

Ha! It is a good title!