The Book Was Better discussion

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
BOOKS ON SCREEN > BLADE RUNNER

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aiden (The Book Scourge) (last edited Oct 20, 2017 09:06PM) (new) - added it

Aiden (The Book Scourge) | 83 comments Blade Runner wasn't that well received when it was first released. Numerous years later, it is now deemed a sci-fi masterpiece.
I was skeptical of Blade Runner 2049 due to how sequels made 20 years after the original, tend to suck. Fortunately, this isn't the case. I seen Blade Runner 2049 last week and it's great! Not as good as the original mind you, but a d*mn good sequel. This along with IT, totally make up for the abysmal summer we've been having.

message 2: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) | 1688 comments Mod
Okay....what!?!?! i legit didn't know it stared as a book. I thought the start was the original movie I watched growing up! I always found the movie lacking, and haven't seen the new one yet(I know...I suck), so I'm TOTALLY getting the book and doing a little reading and watching marathon now!!!!

Aiden (The Book Scourge) | 83 comments Dana wrote: "Okay....what!?!?! i legit didn't know it stared as a book. I thought the start was the original movie I watched growing up! I always found the movie lacking, and haven't seen the new one yet(I know..."

I didn't see the first one until just last year around my birthday. I can't believe I never got around to watching that.Anyway, yeah...both are notoriously slow paced.