Welcome Readers To Our Writers' Corner discussion

Discussions 2017 > Talk about your reading, writing or editing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 672 (672 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Drake (last edited Nov 05, 2017 03:00PM) (new)

Drake RC (rcdrake) | 340 comments Mod
Howdy all.

Welcome Readers, to our Writers' Corner.

EVERYONE is welcome to join us here at, "The Corner", Readers and Writers'.

Jump into the conversation anytime. We are happy to listen to suggestions and ideas, after all Writers' are Readers too.

All blurbs, synopsis, and any questions you might have are welcome here. We may not know the answer but we will try to help you any way we can.

Stay and visit with us or come back to "The Corner", anytime.

If you are writing or editing this week, join in our MUNDORAMMA. It isn't a contest, it's a challenge for you to be active artistically this week. Simply keep a running total of your best word count for a 24 hour period, any day you choose, then list it for me. You aren't racing anyone, only prompting yourself to write, a few words, or a lot. Any new words you write is an accomplishment that you should be proud of. Keep your editing totals separate from your writing totals. If you want to join us just say, 'I'm in', and I'll add you to our list.

message 2: by Eddie (new)

Eddie Browning | 110 comments Strange because I purchase and follow books with Amazon. They carry 4 of my books and will more then likely carry the one I'm working on today. Provided I ever get it done. Goodreads has always been looked upon as a good authors helper and though it only currently has one listed as read by me, they could list a lot more. Sure the Kindle is easier to read, in a way, but I still enjoy the hard covers. Sometime next year I may even write a new series on Pok'along. (Requested by beginning readers)

message 3: by Drake (new)

Hi Eddie, so glad you found your way over here. I hate the way Amazon just shut us down. But I guess we can make this our new home. I added you to the Mundo for this week.

message 4: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 34 comments Hi R.C. and Eddie, I just joined the group. Sure hope our other buds find their way here.

R.C., please put me down for 850 words edited. Not enough new words written to report. Maybe next week.

message 5: by Drake (new)

Welcome aboard Lyn. I've got you. I'm always happy to get in any new editing or writing. Life moves so quickly. The week is gone before you known it.

MUNDORAMMA #231 - Week of October 1, 2017 - October 7, 2017
1. Rhonda - 1,089 (WRITTEN) 2,181 (EDITED)
2. Lyn - 850 (EDITED)
3. Eddie

message 6: by Drake (last edited Oct 07, 2017 06:08PM) (new)

Join in our MUNDORAMMA. It isn't a contest, it's a challenge for you to be active artistically this week. Simply keep a running total of your best word count for a 24 hour period, any day you choose, then list it for me. You aren't racing anyone, only prompting yourself to write, a few words, or a lot. Any new words you write is an accomplishment that you should be proud of. Keep your editing totals separate from your writing totals. If you want to join us just say, 'I'm in', and I'll add you to our list.

MUNDORAMMA # 232 - October 8, 2017- October 14, 2017

1. Rhonda

Who else wants to join in?

message 7: by Drake (last edited Oct 08, 2017 08:07AM) (new)

Eddie, you can add more books that you have either read, are reading now, or writing yourself, here. Just click on the word 'bookshelf' in the top right corner, and you will see where to add more books.

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments Hi everyone. I found you all and made it. I have been MIA and couldn't believe we lost our Ammy threads. Interestinly enough, I just went to the UK site and they have not closed them down! They obviously have a beef about us in the U.S.!!!

Anyway, glad to see you all. I've bookmarked the site, so hope to pop in on a 'regular' basis. I'm trying to get back to writing but life has other things in store for me right now. :(

Have a great Sunday everyone....and TTYL!

message 9: by Drake (new)

Good morning all. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Welcome aboard Doc, so glad you found us. It may take a while for everyone to locate us but the group is slowly coming over. I didn't have Diana's contact information, so I was unable to send her this link. If anyone else knows her contact please send her this link.

message 10: by Drake (last edited Oct 08, 2017 08:31AM) (new)

Eddie I missed your word count for #231 if you were able to get any words, or editing in, let me know.

message 11: by Drake (last edited Oct 08, 2017 08:20AM) (new)

Join in our MUNDORAMMA. It isn't a contest, it's a challenge for you to be active artistically this week. Simply keep a running total of your best word count for a 24 hour period, any day you choose, then list it for me. You aren't racing anyone, only prompting yourself to write, only a few words, or a lot. Any new words you write is an accomplishment that you should be proud of. Keep your editing totals separate from your writing totals. If you want to join us just say, 'I'm in', and I'll add you to our list.

1. Rhonda
2. Doc

Who else wants to join in?

message 12: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 34 comments R.C. wrote: "Welcome aboard Lyn. I've got you. I'm always happy to get in any new editing or writing. Life moves so quickly. The week is gone before you known it.

MUNDORAMMA #231 - Week of October 1, 2017 - O..."

So true, R.C. I plan to get some writing done today if life doesn't interrupt. Hope all is well with you.

message 13: by Drake (last edited Oct 09, 2017 10:55AM) (new)

Lyn wrote: "R.C. wrote: "Welcome aboard Lyn. I've got you. I'm always happy to get in any new editing or writing. Life moves so quickly. The week is gone before you known it.

MUNDORAMMA #231 - Week of Octobe..."

Doing good Lyn. Hope all is well with you too. Yes, life certainly can get in the way of doing the things we love to do, and it can mess with your writing time for sure.

message 14: by Drake (last edited Oct 09, 2017 11:15AM) (new)

Good Monday morning everyone. I hope everyone has a lovely week. I'm child/young adult free today and tomorrow so I'll probably get in some good words for at least the next two days.

1. Rhonda
2. Doc

Who else wants to join in? Anyone else writing or editing this week is welcome to join in.

message 15: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 34 comments I'm in, R.C.

message 16: by Drake (new)

Lyn wrote: "I'm in, R.C."

Got you Lyn:

1. Rhonda
2. Doc
3. Lyn

Who else wants to join in? Anyone on Goodreads who is writing or editing this week is welcome to join in.

message 17: by Drake (new)

Welcome to, 'The Corner," Emo_Mack.

Rhonda

message 18: by Drake (last edited Oct 10, 2017 05:30AM) (new)

Eddie wrote: "I'm with you Barbara. I've answer at least two short messages to RC but haven't seen them either. I've been with Goodreads for some time but never have the reason to post like now, so it looks to m..."

ANSWER: Hi Eddie. I know it is a bit confussing isn't it. Go to the DISCUSSIONS topic to post chats, it is at the top also, beneath INFORMATION. that is where I posted all of the information I have collected through the years. Discussions 2017 is the thread where you want to post all of the updates we share daily.

message 19: by Drake (last edited Oct 10, 2017 05:26AM) (new)

Barbara wrote: "Hi everyone. This is strange. I have posted here already and yet I don't see it on the thread. Only R.C.'s intitial posts are showing up.

Is no one showing up or is the absence of posts a Goodread..."

ANSWER: Hi Doc. You posted on the topic-Information. That is all of the information I have collected through the years. Discussions 2017 is where you want to post all of the updates we share.

message 20: by Drake (new)

Good morning everyone. Going to the lake this weekend to get in some relaxation. We plan on staying five days this time, and I can't wait.

message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments R.C., as you can tell, I am not enthralled with Goodreads. :(

Glad you're getting away for the weekend. What fun!

My husband is going to an Air Force reunion tomorrow out in San Antonio, so I'll be a single woman for the weekend. Maybe I'll get something done....like getting back into my w.i.p.

Catch some nice fish and EAT them!

message 22: by Drake (new)

Barbara wrote: "R.C., as you can tell, I am not enthralled with Goodreads. :(

Glad you're getting away for the weekend. What fun!

My husband is going to an Air Force reunion tomorrow out in San Antonio, so I'll ..."

Me either Doc. I miss Amazon. I hope we adjust quickly. Sounds like you are going to have some free time too. Enjoy your writing. Your husband sounds like he will be enjoying his trip as well.

message 23: by Drake (new)

Eddie, I missed your word count for #231. Please list it again. Thanks!

message 24: by Drake (new)

MM, I see you found us. Welcome home.

message 25: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 34 comments R.C. wrote: "Good morning everyone. Going to the lake this weekend to get in some relaxation. We plan on staying five days this time, and I can't wait."

Have fun, R.C.

message 26: by Drake (new)

Lyn wrote: "R.C. wrote: "Good morning everyone. Going to the lake this weekend to get in some relaxation. We plan on staying five days this time, and I can't wait."

Have fun, R.C."

Thanks Lyn. I hope so. You have a great weekend too.

message 27: by P.L. (new)

P.L. Blair (plblair) | 1 comments Hi, guys! Rhonda ... Thanks for inviting me to join. I'm a bit rusty with Goodreads ... haven't been on this site for years. Hopefully I'll catch up soon. Book 5 in my Portals series is now up on Kindle. It's called Unholy Cause. Book 6 is with my publisher, and I'm getting back to Book 7. Other than that, I'm staying busy with my job at Sheridan Media.

message 28: by Drake (last edited Oct 12, 2017 07:21PM) (new)

P.L. wrote: "Hi, guys! Rhonda ... Thanks for inviting me to join. I'm a bit rusty with Goodreads ... haven't been on this site for years. Hopefully I'll catch up soon. Book 5 in my Portals series is now up on K..."
So glad to see/chat again P.L. Long time no speak, so to say. HA HA.
You have been busy. Good girl. Add your books to our bookshelf. I've got a few on there. Goodreads is a little difficult to maneuver through but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Join our MUNDORAMMA since your writing. We just keep a running total on our word count for a single 24 hour period of time. It's not a contest, but lots of fun. Eddie keeps up with the annual totals of everyone.

Speaking of Eddie.....where are you?

message 29: by Drake (new)

Well, the doctor visit went okay today, but.....Cody is going to need a fifth surgery. The ligaments and tendons in his right foot have shifted out of place and are trying to tear, that is what is causing him so much pain. He is scheduled for November 3, 2017. He will have to be in a cast for three weeks, then crutches for another three weeks, then finally in his boot again for another three weeks. Nine weeks before he can walk freely again, but hopefully pain free. He was very disappointed because of the length of down time, but his friends are working hard to cheer him up again. Pray for him please. I just want him to be able to walk without pain again. I'm thankful he can walk and feel blessed for that, but being a migraine sufferer, I know about pain.

message 30: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments I had trouble getting onto GR just now. It's too bad we're doomed with this site. :(

R.C., so sorry to hear about Cody's foot. What a shame he has to go through that again and that his foot is not 100% perfect like it used to be. Life can sure throw some hard balls. He is in my thoughts and prayers and some is his mom.

And byw, y'all.....Happy Friday the 13th. Do something spooky today!

message 31: by Drake (last edited Oct 13, 2017 05:25AM) (new)

Barbara wrote: "I had trouble getting onto GR just now. It's too bad we're doomed with this site. :(

R.C., so sorry to hear about Cody's foot. What a shame he has to go through that again and that his foot is not..."

Thanks Doc. I know that you know all about pain, sadly. I appreciate all your prayers.

Ha Ha, I forgot that today is Friday the 13th. Maybe we shouldn't drive today. I'm not superstitious but I am cautious on Friday the 13th.

I use this link to return to Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I don't enter in through the main link, it is time consuming to get here. I copied and pasted the above link into my browser bar and it had works every time.

message 32: by Drake (last edited Oct 13, 2017 11:52AM) (new)

1. Rhonda - 1,687 (WRITTEN)
2. Lyn

Who else wants to join in? Anyone on Goodreads who is writing or editing this week is welcome to join in. One day left this week.

message 33: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments R.C., take me out of #232 but put me down for #233!

message 34: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 34 comments R.C. wrote: "Well, the doctor visit went okay today, but.....Cody is going to need a fifth surgery. The ligaments and tendons in his right foot have shifted out of place and are trying to tear, that is what is ..."

Poor Cody! I hope this surgery is the last one he will need.

message 35: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 34 comments R.C. I wrote 462 yesterday. Won't get much done today because daughter is coming over.

message 36: by Drake (new)

Barbara wrote: "R.C., take me out of #232 but put me down for #233!"

Will do Doc.

message 37: by Drake (new)

Lyn wrote: "R.C. wrote: "Well, the doctor visit went okay today, but.....Cody is going to need a fifth surgery. The ligaments and tendons in his right foot have shifted out of place and are trying to tear, tha..."

Me too Lyn. He is trying to go through college in the middle of all of this, working too, so he can pay for his on college tuition and book fees, and now this. He is working hard to keep his head up. He has been too proud to accept our financial assistance, but I fear he is now going to need us to kick in the $.

message 38: by Drake (new)

Lyn wrote: "R.C. I wrote 462 yesterday. Won't get much done today because daughter is coming over."

Great work Lyn. I'll add you:

1. Rhonda - 1,687 (WRITTEN)
2. Lyn - 462 (WRITTEN)

Who else wants to join in? Anyone on Goodreads who is writing or editing this week is welcome to join in. One day left this week.

message 39: by Drake (new)

Has anyone heard from Eddie?? I'm concerned about him. He hasn't been on the thread so I emailed him. He always writes me back, but so far, I haven't heard from him.

message 40: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments Hopefully, he's doing fine. The thread switch may be the issue. :(

message 41: by Drake (new)

I kow Doc, it's going to take some getting used too, but I emailed him. He always emails me back and I haven't heard from him.

message 42: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments R.C. wrote: "I kow Doc, it's going to take some getting used too, but I emailed him. He always emails me back and I haven't heard from him."

Let us know if he responds. You know, I feel like all of us are losing touch. This is sad. And as we get older, we should be holding on to the friendships as much as possible and, instead, the opposite is happening. :(

I'm going to be a guest on a podcast today....it'll be taped and played later. It's an M.D. podcast for physicians in training and they have found out about me and the fact that they can learn from my books. What fun! It's always nice to broaden the reach of our readers.

message 43: by Eddie (new)

Eddie Browning | 110 comments R.C. wrote: "Join in our MUNDORAMMA. It isn't a contest, it's a challenge for you to be active artistically this week. Simply keep a running total of your best word count for a 24 hour period, any day you choos..."

I'm in. At last it looks like I'm finding my way around. I just copied everything sent so far so that this afternoon (after church) I can read with ease who has found us. Hard to understand but it's 2:00 in the morning and I awoke with the thought, get back upstairs and see what you can find out now on what you should already know. Ha! Got into Goodreads with little effort for once. Have a good day all....

message 44: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments Nice to see 'ya, Eddie!

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday!

message 45: by Eddie (new)

Eddie Browning | 110 comments Good to see your note Barbara. It really wasn't a bad Sunday, even if I didn't like the sermon this morning. In trying to explain to a friend something in scripture that I don't see eye to eye with everyone, I've come to the conclusion that it might take a book to explain what some may never have considered. Now I have to find a way to do that, while everyone is laughing.

message 46: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments Everyone won't be laughing at what you have to say, Eddie!

It's cool here this morning. Nice for a change!

message 47: by Eddie (new)

Eddie Browning | 110 comments Hey, it's fall. Everyone should anticipate coolness slipping in. It sort of causes one to ask, "What should I get ready for those cold days that I know are coming?" I've wondered, do we try to write more when it's cold, or during the heat? When does the brain work it's best? It can sure come up with a lot of questions without answers.

message 48: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments The first thing I thought of when I went out this morning and it was nippy cold. "This is Chester's weather." How my Chesapeake loved the cool and cold temperatures!

I say....write more!

:)

message 49: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 34 comments It's much cooler her too. I'm so glad fall has finally arrived. We didn't have too many 100+ days this summer, but lots of 90+ days. More than enough!

message 50: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ebel | 109 comments Lyn, I agree!

Good night, everyone. Sleep tight. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14