What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Paranormal Romance with tattoo like mate mark

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessika (last edited Nov 28, 2017 05:07AM) (new)

Jessika | 15 comments The book is a shifter adult erotic romance. I believe it's about werewolves but not 100%. I unfortunately don't remember much about the book except the male(pretty sure he is the alpha) finds his mate and gives her a mate mark on her neck area(a from of tattoo I thnk). This is uncommon since most mate marks are hidden in this storyline. The female character meets another woman who was marked on her face by her mate. Not much other than that :(

Any and all help is very much appreciated....thank you :D

message 2: by Kris (last edited Oct 07, 2017 02:19PM) (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Jessika, around what year did you read this book?

Are the heroine and hero the same species of shifter?

Location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments I read it probably 2-3 years ago. I'm pretty sure the H was a wolf shifter and the h I'm think she was either human or not raised in a pack. Like I said before I don't remember much but I do remember the mate mark wasn't a bite it was more like a tattoo and she was marked in a visible location (neck chest/collar bone area?) and when the others characters saw her they were surprised her mark was visible since it wasn't the norm. The only other thing I remember is her meeting the mate of another male and her mate mark was on her face/jaw area, which again was a big deal. Wish I could remember more...I've actually been trying to figure this out for months and no one can figure it out :/ thanks for you help!

message 4: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Oh and I'm pretty sure it takes place in the US but not sure region and I think the setting was not a city so suburbs/small town maybe?

message 5: by Anabell (last edited Oct 08, 2017 01:07PM) (new)

Anabell | 51 comments Hi, The only book I remember to have read where they leave a tattoo as a mark is Burn but they are not wolf shifters.

message 6: by Marie (new)

Marie | 276 comments This is a long shot but No Mercy by Sherrilyn Kenyon? The H is a shifter - wolf or bear, I think - and the h is an immortal Amazon in service to the Greek goddess Artemis.

Shifters mate for life and that is shown by a mark that spontaneously appears on their hands when they find their mate.
Plus, people sworn into service to Artemis all bear her tattoo-like mark, usually someplace well hidden.

The H isn't one of the goddess's warriors, but he tattooed her mark on his arm as a joke. Another character in the book is one of the goddess's warriors and characters often wonder what made Artemis mark him on his neck and jaw, as that is highly unusual and way to visible.

message 7: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Anabell...it's not burn :/ love that book though and thank you for your help!!

message 8: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Marie...it's definitely not No Mercy :/ but that sounds like something I will check out. Thank you for tour help!!

message 9: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments Could be part of the big bad wolf series. first book is

The heat by Heather killough-walden

message 10: by Kris (new)

The Heat by Heather Killough-Walden - Lina's suggestion

message 11: by Fullfaun (new)

Fullfaun Faun In "Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin #1)" by G. A. Aiken, the dragon's mark their mates and it is an individual thing.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken - Fullfaun's suggestion

message 13: by Brandie (new)

Brandie Brueggeman | 32 comments Grey wolf series by Quinn Loftis?

message 14: by Kris (new)

The Grey Wolves series by Quinn Loftis - https://www.goodreads.com/series/6925... - Brandie's suggestion

message 15: by Jessika (last edited Nov 28, 2017 05:00AM) (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Thank you so much for the suggestions but unfortunately none of these are the book I am looking for :( I wish I could remember a bit more of the plot, I am sure if I did this would be a lot easier :/ but thanks again for all the help!!! :)

message 16: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments This also might have been part of a series but not 100% sure

message 17: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments Could be book 2 or 3 of the Harry Russo series by Lisa Emme.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1742...

message 18: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments Or even the midnight liaisons series by Jessica Sims

https://www.goodreads.com/series/5821...

If I remember correctly then both the books series I suggested now contain mate marks that are tattoo like ☺

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

A Hunger Like No Other may be it. He marks her around the neck and collarbone and the others are shocked at the intensity of it. He is also a werewolf.

message 20: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Andy wrote: "A Hunger Like No Other may be it. He marks her around the neck and collarbone and the others are shocked at the intensity of it. He is also a werewolf."

Yesssssss!!!!! That's the one Andy!!! Thank you so so much...I've been searching for this for a while! You're awesome!!

message 21: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Lina wrote: "Or even the midnight liaisons series by Jessica Sims

https://www.goodreads.com/series/5821...

If I remember correctly then both the books series I suggested now contain mate mark..."

Lina thanks for the suggestions, not the one but I'll definitely look into those :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

You're welcome! I just read that book about two weeks ago, that's why its fresh on my mind. :)

message 23: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments False alarm...a hunger like no other is not the book I have been looking for unfortunately:( I read both books around the same time so I confused the two. The mate mark is definitely not a bite. I distinctly remember her meeting another woman whose mate mark was on her face/jaw. Thanks again for your help with my search!!

message 24: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Bumping^

message 25: by Kris (new)

Please note you can "bump" your thread/topic every 30+ days because this group is so large -- or sooner if you remember more information which you can add at any time.

message 26: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Kris wrote: "Please note you can "bump" your thread/topic every 30+ days because this group is so large -- or sooner if you remember more information which you can add at any time."

Ok, good to know. Thanks!

message 27: by Julia (new)

Julia | 47 comments Maybe one of the Lora Leigh Breed series books - those have mate markings?

message 28: by Kris (new)

Breed series by Lora Leigh - Julia's suggestion

message 29: by Jessika (new)

Jessika | 15 comments Julia wrote: "Maybe one of the Lora Leigh Breed series books - those have mate markings?"

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that is not the book I am looking for. Thanks anyways!

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 533 comments Did you ever find this book?

message 31: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Buss | 1 comments Looking for the title of this as well, my sister read it also but can't find it.

message 32: by J.M. (new)

J.M. | 6 comments I can’t recall offhand how the mate bond stuff works, etc., but could it be Pack Enforcer by Lauren Dane? Or one of the others in her Cascadia Wolves series?

message 33: by Nouhad (new)

Nouhad | 1 comments Try Moonbound By Sylvia Frost

message 34: by Monica (new)

Monica (marticles) | 162 comments I've been reading paranormal romance quite heavily lately and I've definitely read about mate marks, both on shifters and others, though I can't remember exactly which books include them. So, my recently read shifter books:
The Alpha Pack series by J. D. Tyler. Book 1 is: Primal Law
Christine Warren's Others series- the first one with a shifter (werewolf) is Big Bad Wolf

Pack by Jeanine Frost

I can't remember which of those might have mate marks.

Also, check Carrie Ann Ryan's Talon Pack series- book 1 is Tattered Loyalties. I haven't read any that I remember, but the author's website mentions mate marks, so....