Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive [General] > Jaghut Guardians (Angela and Jenna's Team)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 321 (321 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Jan 04, 2018 06:12PM) (new)

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Welcome to our team for 2018. We are really looking forward to the competition and the prestige which comes with winning!

We need to decide on a team name , so let us know your thoughts below.

Team Members

Angela
Jenna
Frank
Mayim
Choko
Siobhan
Arkadeb
Anni
Anne-Marie
Chris
Brian
Khushi
idiffer

message 2: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Reserved

message 4: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments Hello Dream Team!

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
We voted. You're team

message 6: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments We've got this guys xD definitely going to win.

message 7: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6786 comments Totally:) We are the classy team and they all have to measure up to us:):):)

message 8: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments Too late... The Blood Eagle's team mascot has a top hat and monocle... good luck being classier...

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "Too late... The Blood Eagle's team mascot has a top hat and monocle... good luck being classier..."

HAHAHA!

message 10: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Choko wrote: "Totally:) We are the classy team and they all have to measure up to us:):):)"

What I'm hearing is, "We're not very good at smack talk so if we ignore them maybe they'll leave us alone".

message 11: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Scott wrote: "Choko wrote: "Totally:) We are the classy team and they all have to measure up to us:):):)"

What I'm hearing is, "We're not very good at smack talk so if we ignore them maybe they'll leave us alone"."

That's what I was hoping... *hides behind sofa*

Nah it's all calculated really, less smack talk, more time for reading. XD

message 12: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6786 comments Siobhan, exactly! And yes, I am terrible at trash-talk 😑... So I was going with the classy card here...

message 13: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Choko wrote: "Siobhan, exactly! And yes, I am terrible at trash-talk 😑... So I was going with the classy card here..."

Me too! Haha.

message 14: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments Growing up in NYC I can trash talk with the best of them.
However let's read them to shame!!!

message 15: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments Frank wrote: "Growing up in NYC I can trash talk with the best of them.
However let's read them to shame!!!"

I love your attitude Frank.

message 16: by Andorion (new)

Andorion (ruineleint) So should we be planning and assigning books? I can cover any and all Malazan stuff, should also be able to cover Naomi Novik.

message 17: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments I think we can just read whatever we want? And however many pages we read get tallied up.

message 18: by Andorion (new)

Andorion (ruineleint) Siobhan wrote: "I think we can just read whatever we want? And however many pages we read get tallied up."

Oh its free reading? I thought it was Buddy Reads only. Excellent. I have somethink like a reading schedule in the works for next year. This should be good.

message 19: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments Buddy reads have premium points so while we can read what we want they are encouraged. I'm going to do Malazan next year too.

message 20: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Mayim wrote: "Buddy reads have premium points so while we can read what we want they are encouraged. I'm going to do Malazan next year too."

This is correct. You get bonus point that equate to half the number you get for the book based upon length and a quarter of the points as another bonus if it's for one of the group challenges.

message 21: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6786 comments I am doing the Malazan as well 😀😀😀

message 22: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments I'm doing the Naomi Novik buddy reads continuing into next year so will be joining you there Arkadeb.

I think I might have to join Malazan xD
You should get more points for the more members of your group doing the same buddy read! Haha :)

message 23: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

I'm back guys. Sorry I was bit AWOL since I set up this thread. It's been a bit hectic in every day life.

message 24: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

I think we'll need to leave the trash talking to Frank. I'm terrible at trash talk!

We can read whatever we want as long as it gets us points ;). Buddy reads just give us more points. I'll be reading some of the Malazan books next year and rereading most of A Song of Ice and Fire.

So what do you guys reckon for a team name. It definitely isn't Team Uberlosin.

message 25: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Hahaha definitely not! I'm terrible at team names so I'll support whatever you guys decide. I can't think of one useful suggestion :'( lol.

message 26: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Siobhan wrote: "Hahaha definitely not! I'm terrible at team names so I'll support whatever you guys decide. I can't think of one useful suggestion :'( lol."

Me too.

Maybe we need a Malazan name given everyone who is reading the book next year.

Team Bridgeburners. Team Whiskeyjack.

message 27: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments I will be on Malazan, Jordan, and any other group I can fit, plus independent reads for me as well.

Or we can be Bridge Crew plus a number, if all have read Words of Radiance.

message 28: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments To keep it close to Scott's burn (I assume it's Scott)... you can be Team Ubermensh... ignoring the philosophy meant, it translates to Team Superman/Superhuman... cause of how much reading you guys are going to accomplish, right?

message 29: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments I've not read Words of Radiance yet but hope to get to it next year, so that's fine by me!
Or a Malazan team name is cool too. :)

Iain, I feel like there's a trick... Lol.

message 30: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments All this trash talk is paying off if you guys can no longer tell when I'm being helpful... muhahaha

message 31: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Iain wrote: "All this trash talk is paying off if you guys can no longer tell when I'm being helpful... muhahaha"

OK I googled it, it's true! I was suspicious of your helpfulness xD

message 32: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments I googled it too... Ubermensh seemed like the similar thing to recommend, but I wasn't too clear on it's meaning, I just knew the word...

message 33: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Also sorry for going AWOL, team. I'm on vacation. :)
We have a great team though!
If we are doing something Malazan, I'm just going to put it out there that there is a character named Jhenna who is the Jaghut Guardian of the Deadhouse. The Jaghuts are the coolest and the Deadhouse just sounds awesome so we could do something with that. Sadly I don't think there's an Angela in Malazan, but you can pick your favourite group or place!

message 34: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments Team MapleLeafs... that's a new one, isn't it?...

message 35: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

I did not make that, but I'm sure Scott had a hand in it.

message 36: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7427 comments Mod
It cracks me up how everything is Scott's fault first until proven innocent.

message 37: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Niki Hawkes wrote: "It cracks me up how everything is Scott's fault first until proven innocent."

I think he has been responsible for just about every mod name I've had and he cheats on all the challenges, so it goes without saying at this point. ;)

message 38: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Exactly. Scott is the only one who changes mod names. Though, I confess he's very good at it.

message 39: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Jenna wrote: "Also sorry for going AWOL, team. I'm on vacation. :)
If we are doing something Malazan, I'm just going to put it out there that there is a character named Jhenna who is..."

Jaghut Guardians!

message 40: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments He says he didn't do Menstrual Eagles... Last I checked Niki was being accused...

message 41: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Angela wrote: "Jenna wrote: "Also sorry for going AWOL, team. I'm on vacation. :)
If we are doing something Malazan, I'm just going to put it out there that there is a character named..."

Since it seems we are going to have to defend ourselves against all the trash talk, it seems fitting. Everyone loves a good underdog though, right? :)

message 42: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

What's your favourite place name in Malazan, Angela?

message 43: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments The Jagermonsters sounds like a good team name for somebody... they're German Frankenstein troops in Agatha H and the Airship City (Girl Genius Novels, #1) by Phil Foglio Agatha H and the Clockwork Princess (Girl Genius Novels, #2) by Phil Foglio Agatha H. and the Voice of the Castle (Girl Genius Novels, #3) by Phil Foglio ... but it also sounds like someone got blackout drunk on Jagermeister and did some sh!t...

message 44: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Ooooh that's also a good one. I changed it for now because "Angela and Jenna's Team" was a bit boring, but we can always change it again.

message 45: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Oct 10, 2017 08:18PM) (new)

Darujhistan in Genabackis. I think in part as I really like the name Genabackis for some reason and that is of course where Darujhistan is.

I'm terrible at trash talk. Thank goodness we have Frank here!

message 46: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Angela wrote: "Darujhistan in Genabackis. I think in part as I really like the name Genabackis for some reason and that is of course where Darujhistan is.

I'm terrible at trash talk. Thank goodness we have Fran..."

I'm also terrible at trash talk.

message 47: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

It all rests on Franks shoulders.

message 48: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments They're my favorite characters in the books... especially listening to them on audio... their advances on women remind me of what I hear about Tormund and Brienne of Tarth in the newer seasons of Game of Thrones that I haven't seen...

message 49: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Oct 10, 2017 08:26PM) (new)

Haha Iain for a moment there I thought you had written Jagermeister and I was thinking, no way. That stuff tastes like cough syrup from when I was a kid. Horrible.

message 50: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Oct 10, 2017 08:28PM) (new)

Jenna wrote: "Ooooh that's also a good one. I changed it for now because "Angela and Jenna's Team" was a bit boring, but we can always change it again."

I like it. Malazan all the way. I might finish that series in 2019.

Jenna, I love our new mod names in this topic.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.