World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Stillness (Descent #1)
This topic is about Stillness
Announcements & Book Promotions > So I have a new cover :)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Would love to hear what everyone thinks of my new cover:

https://eldonfarrellauthor.com/2017/1...

Thanks!

Graeme Rodaughan | 7206 comments A vast improvement on the original cover - love it.

Graeme Rodaughan | 7206 comments Having read the book - this cover is far more evocative of the story than your previous cover.

message 4: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Graeme wrote: "A vast improvement on the original cover - love it."

I think so too Graeme. Goes to show we can't always do everything ourselves :)

Joanna Elm | 145 comments Eldon, Iove the look of the cover. Very, very edgy and contemporary. BUT the blurb still refers to a hamlet, no? And, this looks like a big city story.

message 6: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Joanna wrote: "Eldon, Iove the look of the cover. Very, very edgy and contemporary. BUT the blurb still refers to a hamlet, no? And, this looks like a big city story."

Right you are Joanna. Unfortunately you take what you get with premade covers right. Let's call it Des Moines ;)

message 7: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13418 comments Congrats, Eldon! The new one is far superior over its predecessor, if you ask me. Much more vibrant, powerful, evocative

message 8: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Nik wrote: "Congrats, Eldon! The new one is far superior over its predecessor, if you ask me. Much more vibrant, powerful, evocative"

I agree Nik :)

Graeme Rodaughan | 7206 comments Hi Eldon. A very exciting step. Did you need a new ISBN (I assume yes)?

message 10: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Graeme wrote: "Hi Eldon. A very exciting step. Did you need a new ISBN (I assume yes)?"

No, same ISBN

Graeme Rodaughan | 7206 comments Createspace require a new ISBN for a cover change. (I think...)

message 12: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Graeme wrote: "Createspace require a new ISBN for a cover change. (I think...)"

You could be right but so far I've only changed the ebook cover which doesn't even need an ISBN technically.

Graeme Rodaughan | 7206 comments I'm thinking that a book cover is linked to a book via the ISBN. But I could be wrong.

In any event, ISBNs are cheap.

message 14: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Graeme wrote: "I'm thinking that a book cover is linked to a book via the ISBN. But I could be wrong.

In any event, ISBNs are cheap."

Oh yeah for sure...they're free in Canada :)

message 15: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments Just thinking Graeme... wouldn't a new ISBN mean the loss of reviews?

Graeme Rodaughan | 7206 comments The reviews are mapped over.

I got a new ASIN and ISBN when I went from KDP to Pronoun. A week later everything was lined up.

message 17: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Purdy | 1 comments Eldon wrote: "Graeme wrote: "Createspace require a new ISBN for a cover change. (I think...)"

No they don't Eldon. It's the same book. I just did this.

message 18: by Eldon (new) - added it

Eldon Farrell | 685 comments C.S. wrote: "Eldon wrote: "Graeme wrote: "Createspace require a new ISBN for a cover change. (I think...)"

No they don't Eldon. It's the same book. I just did this."

Good to know C.S. :)

Graeme Rodaughan | 7206 comments Thanks C.S. for the clarification.