YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
This topic is about Our Dark Duet
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2) by Victoria Schwab - Restarting January 11th 2021

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84061 comments Mod
THE WORLD IS BREAKING. AND SO ARE THEY.

KATE HARKER isn't afraid of monsters. She hunts them. And she's good at it.

AUGUST FLYNN once yearned to be human. He has a part to play. And he will play it, no matter the cost.

THE WAR HAS BEGUN.

THE MONSTERS ARE WINNING.

Kate will have to return to Verity. August will have to let her back in. And a new monster is waiting—one that feeds on chaos and brings out its victims' inner demons.

Which will be harder to conquer: the monsters they face, or the monsters within?

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Verse 2 chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Verse 2 Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Verse 3 Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 5098 comments Mod
6% in - I'm trying to remember what happened in the last book. I remember bits and pieces but it's been so long since I've read it. It's like being introduced to these characters for the first time.

20%: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Prelude: (view spoiler)
Verse 1: (view spoiler)
Verse 2: (view spoiler)
Verse 3: (view spoiler)
Verse 4: (view spoiler)
Elegy: (view spoiler)

message 10: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

40%: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

60%: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

78%: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Jenn wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

OMG SAME! I DIDN'T SEE THEM COMING AND I WAS SO SAD!

message 15: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina wrote: "Jenn wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

OMG SAME! I DIDN'T SEE THEM COMING AND I WAS SO SAD!"

Right?? I had to read (view spoiler) a second time because I was just like, no, that didn't just happen.

message 16: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
***********************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 4th of January 2018

***********************************************************************************************************

message 17: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Verse 1 (view spoiler)

message 18: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Verse 2 (view spoiler)

message 19: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Verse 3 (view spoiler)

message 20: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14623 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

21% (view spoiler)

message 22: by Abbie (new)

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 15th of March 2018

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Alex M.  | 507 comments Started 🎻

Alex M.  | 507 comments Verse 1

(view spoiler)

Alex M.  | 507 comments Verse 2

(view spoiler)

Alex M.  | 507 comments Verse 3

(view spoiler)

Alex M.  | 507 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Haley | 125 comments Just started, about 50 pages in right now!

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments It has been awhile since I read This Savage Song, it took me a little bit to remember what the heck was going on

Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Haley | 125 comments Verse 1
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments end of Verse 2 (view spoiler)

Alex M.  | 507 comments @ Ashley
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments end of Verse 3 (view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments end

(view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Up to chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Part 2 Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Ashley wrote: "end

What!! That's how all of this ends? August losing 2 of the people he cares about? I don't like this at all. It doesn't feel like winning, I can't believe Kate and Ilsa are gone. I am not happ..."

I was really sad about it but I think in the end Kate was happier in the end. She had been fighting the darkness inside her since the beginning of the book and everything that also happened in the past book. I think this ending gave her the peace and freedom that she been looking for.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting December 6th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sierra Lynn | 1733 comments 25%(view spoiler)
50%(view spoiler)
75%(view spoiler)
finished (view spoiler)

message 40: by Abbie (new)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 10th of March 2019

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Courtney | 11423 comments Starting now.

Courtney | 11423 comments Verse 1 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Verse 2 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Verse 3 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Finished. What the heck? Why? Why did that have to happen? (view spoiler)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting July 24th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

Shahana shirin (shahanashirin) | 652 comments Starting right nw..

Is there anyone ready to read??

Katie | 3145 comments Hi Shan!! Sorry I missed your update...did you start this already? I haven't yet, but can try to read a bunch tomorrow and Tuesday. If you haven't started it, I'll wait until next month...Just let me know!

Shahana shirin (shahanashirin) | 652 comments i didnt start it ..jst read 2or 3 pages..when are you free to start..i ll start withu

Katie | 3145 comments Okay! I'm not sure I can read it and get the book review done before August 1st to have it count. I have a vacation coming up tomorrow so I'm unsure on my internet. Can we read it anytime in August?? Would that be okay with you?

« previous 1 3