Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Bonjour! Let's Learn French: Visit New Places and Make New Friends
This topic is about Bonjour! Let's Learn French
Shout It Out! Self- Promotions > Bonjour! Let's Learn French

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments Hi, everyone, I hope that I put this in the right place...
Please share this message with your friends who may be interested, especially those who have small children.
Don't we all want the best for our children? Let's give them an early start learning a language with all its proven benefits.
Bonjour! Let's Learn French gives your child 6-10 (roughly) a fun and easy start learning French. It's fun for the family too. Easy to use: go to the website, polyglotkidz.com download the free audio, and follow along. You'll find lots of resources on the website, including some yummy recipes.
Kids take a pretend trip to France on Pete the Pilot's magic airplane. There they meet Louis l'escargot, France's favorite snail, follow his adventures, absorb the culture and learn French.
Back "home", there are activities to practice French with family and friends, including daily expressions, skit, Culture Corner, song, and directions for making an impressionist picture with oil pastels or crayons.
Bonjour! is available for pre-order on Amazon, probably B&N,, and will be available world-wide on Amazon (I checked with Bookbaby).It has a five-star review from Readers' Favorite.
It is the sister book of award-winning¡HOLA Let's Learn Spanish. There's a Goodreads giveaway for HOLA going on now, and a giveaway for Bonjour! will begin on Monday.

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments CeDany wrote: "Salut Jules! I remember hubby said that in order to learn French -- he was given a library card and an assignment to read Astérix et Obélix.

Due to this, once we were married we purchased the enti..."

CeDany, I'm happy to hear that you are trilingual (at least!) Asterix is funny, but it must be hard to learn with it..usually, humor is difficult in a foreign language, at least for me, I don't get the jokes, but then, I don't get lots of jokes in English either. Mexico is a fascinating country (except for the earthquakes)

message 3: by Bernard (new)

Bernard Boley (bernard_boley) | 27 comments Being a French-Canadian, one would think French was the first language I spoke. Hélas, it wasn't.

My father decided to go study surgery in the USA where my first words were spoken. I was around 10 when we returned to Canada. I must say that learning French was more than hard for me once back in Canada, but I finally made it. One of my teachers had me read one dictionary page each day and gave me book after book to better understand the language structure, use of grammar and vocabulary.

Curiously, during my working years, everybody would tell me how good my French was and never suspected that English was the first language I spoke. As a result, I was asked to write governmental papers, prime ministers' speeches and wrote a book on water gardens.

My first novel is in English, late Victorain English and is in a diary form. So I had to read tons of books from that era to make it feel real.

We now live in Merida and, of course,I speak Spanish which I consider to be rather good.

My Ripper Hunting Days by Bernard Boley

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments Bernard wrote: "Being a French-Canadian, one would think French was the first language I spoke. Hélas, it wasn't.

My father decided to go study surgery in the USA where my first words were spoken. I was around ..."

So you are now a trilingual! Bravo! Of course it's easier to learn a language when you're very young...that's our problem in the U.S., kids don't begin until it's very late, if at all,and that's why I wrote the book, but you did it! You can learn a language at any age, it just takes more work and time, which adults don't have.
I have spent so many years trying to learn Japanese, but now I just don't have time.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments CeDany wrote: "You should see the funny situation I get in -- sometimes...

There's a funny story for you Judy!

I'm at an Italian Restaurant -- I'm ordering from the Italian Menu -- no problems there, but then t..."

you are a true polyglot, CeDany, I agree with you about the Asian languages, I can't do Japanese, except with the textbook and dictionary open, tried Chinese, the tones are hard (impossible for me) to remember, and let's not mention the alphabet, in Japanese there are three! ¡Dios mío!
I studied Italian, but we speak Spanish at home, and would mix them up constantly, they are hard to keep apart.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments Judy wrote: "Hi, everyone, I hope that I put this in the right place...
Please share this message with your friends who may be interested, especially those who have small children.
Don't we all want the best fo..."

Giveaway print copy of Bonjour! Let's Learn French begins today right in the next room. Folks, you heard it here! Give your child the gift of an early and fun intro to French. Easy, free downloadable audio at website with lots of resources. It's a chance for you to learn or review some French and use this beautiful language with family, friends, everyone! Enter now:https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Ripper Hunting Days (other topics)