What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Chick lit including a cleaning business, a drag queen and a clown

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3 comments Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure out what the title of this book was for ages and it is driving me crazy.
It was your typical chick lit and I think it had a mainly pink cover.

It is about a woman (Rosie?) who's rich husband turns out to be a criminal. She starts a cleaning business and befriends a drag queen who owns a night club. She falls for one of her clients whom she never meets but he always leaves cute notes. At some point his brother who looked exactly like him is in that apartment with a woman and suggests that she joins them. Some drama until she finds out that it was not her lovely client but his brother. There was something about clowns and a clown convention, I think he worked as an actor/clown?! Plus her child (I think her son) that she gave up for adoption shows up at some point.

Anyone know this book?

Cheers,
Julia

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
When did you read it or when was it published? What country/region/city is it set in?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
The Life She Wants by Robyn Carr?

Two Amazon reviewers say, "Emma Shay Compton, married to a wealthy financier whose Ponzi scheme was exposed by the federal government... After a series of false starts in low-wage, menial jobs, she overcomes her pride and asks to work for an estranged childhood friend who owns a successful cleaning service." and "...[she] starts cleaning houses to support her [teenage daughter]..."

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Julia, was your book "The Life She Wants" or are you still looking?

message 5: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3 comments No, unfortunately it wasn't The Life She Wants... I'm still looking.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.

What type of crimes did her husband commit? Is he in jail?

message 7: by Julia (last edited Mar 22, 2020 09:48AM) (new)

Julia | 3 comments Oooh I am so sorry, my memory is so hazy. I read the book in 2015/2016. A friend gave it to me when she moved, so I have no idea when it was originally published.

I think the husband commited some sort of fraud? And yes, I think he's in jail.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Life She Wants (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robyn Carr (other topics)