GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Help me de-escalate our angry world by reviewing my latest book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Noll | 2 comments We live in an angry world. My latest book, De-Escalate: How to Calm an Angry Person in 90 Seconds or Less, teaches readers how to manage that anger with compassion and self-empowerment. If you would like to help others learn how to calm down anger, please review the book. The skills I teach are counter-intuitive and powerful. They have been used to de-escalate conflict in prisons, schools, communities, and board rooms. I can send you a review copy or you can order the book for free if you pay the shipping. Go to http://dougnoll.com and click on the banner for the offer.

message 2: by Devra (new)

Devra Jacobs | 2 comments I just gave this book to a friend of mine having issues with her teenage daughter. Within just a few days she reported back that their relationship took a turn and they are actually talking about things instead of yelling and then one running off. Great book Doug!

message 3: by T.F. (new)

T.F. Gray (tfgray) | 17 comments Douglas wrote: "We live in an angry world. My latest book, De-Escalate: How to Calm an Angry Person in 90 Seconds or Less, teaches readers how to manage that anger with compassion and self-empowerment. If you woul..."
I'd like to review this. I'm active with my local Alternatives to Violence Project and am always looking for new techniques and perspectives. Also, If you are interested in historical fantasy, please review my book Murdoch's Tale.
In the time of Richard Lionheart, during the bloody Border Wars between England and Scotland, Tovan, a faer (or “faery,” as we quetans call them) rescues the child Corwin from the massacre of his village.
Tormented by recurring nightmares of that day, Corwin struggles to answer Tovan's question, “Why do you quetan do this?” His quest is perhaps a hopeless one: to end war, so that no child will ever again have to endure such trauma.
Studying with Philippe, a troubadour, he learns that stories can change the world. He begins to create his own tale, that of Murdoch, orphaned by war like himself, but a heroic figure, not the dreamer in a family of blacksmiths. This happy, creative time is not to last. Tragedy hurls him from the world of the quetan, into the realm of the Faer.

message 4: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Noll | 2 comments Hi Tiray,

Email me at doug@dougnoll.com with your address and I will send you a book. Interesting fantasy you have written. I read that genre. Send al,ong a copy for me to read and review. Also, I am very familiar with AVP. As you will read, I am a co-founder of Prison of Peace, which teaches peacemaking and mediation skills to lifers and long termers.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Doug