#AYEARATHON discussion

October 2017 - LGBTQIA > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 5 & 6

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
Have you been loving what you have been reading? Yay or Nay?

message 2: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 386 comments yes and no, my most recent reading I have a little issue with,, just not monster stories in the traditional sense, so far it's been more about messing with minds than "boo" but I havent gotten very far today as I had long work hours. but tomorrow and sunday is devoted to reading <3

Today so far i've read 110 pages of The Monster's Corner Stories Through Inhuman Eyes by Christopher Golden

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments I sort of gave up on two books for now because they are a little longer and I'm too tired this week.

Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt I've been good on reading my one story a day, Currently on page 75/183.

Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones Almost done with this one, Currently on page 91/108. I'll finish this later today (it's 1:11am).

River of Teeth (River of Teeth #1) by Sarah Gailey I had high expectations with this book. It's not that great. On the other hand I get to add it to the theme because not only is our main character a gay man, but he is in love with a non-binary character and his friend in this operation group is a lesbian. Currently on page 118/169, should have this finished on Sunday.

A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman Almost done with this one. Definitely weird. I am enjoying the house itself and now that the story is becoming a bit more creepy. Currently on page 94/116. I'll have this one also finished later today.

Total pages so far with all 6 books- 484 pages

message 4: by Maija (last edited Oct 07, 2017 04:34AM) (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments On day 5 I finally started a book from my TBR! I read 15% of A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson. I really liked the beginning, let's see how the story continues! It's a novella, so I should be able to finish it this week.

A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) On Day 5, I read: Honestly Ben (Openly Straight, #2) by Bill Konigsberg , and started Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee .

Total read so far: City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1) by Bill Konigsberg Openly, Honestly (Openly Straight, #1.5) by Bill Konigsberg Honestly Ben (Openly Straight, #2) by Bill Konigsberg

message 6: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments Day 5:
Read 32 pages of The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth

Finished Chapter 7 of The Martian by Andy Weir (19m)

Day 6:

Read 262 pages of tMoCP (Hopefully this will be finished book 3 tomorrow!)

Listened to Chapter 8 of The Martian (26m)

Books finished: 2
Total pages read: 875
Listened: ~2h 45m

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments Day 6 done. What did I read?

Books finished: River of Teeth (River of Teeth #1) by Sarah Gailey Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman

So basically 3 novellas. I thought all 3 were just okay. Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones was the worst of the three.

My plan for day 7 is to read as much of Say Her Name by James Dawson as I can. Hopefully finish it if possible. The other two books that I was reading this week are short story collections and I can continue them through the following week.

message 8: by Amber (bookstacksamber) (last edited Oct 08, 2017 09:34AM) (new)

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) On Day 6, I read Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1) by April Daniels , which I LOVED. I highly recommend it.

I also read 118 pages of Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee .

Total read so far: City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1) by Bill Konigsberg Openly, Honestly (Openly Straight, #1.5) by Bill Konigsberg Honestly Ben (Openly Straight, #2) by Bill Konigsberg Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1) by April Daniels