Play Book Tag discussion

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)
This topic is about The Maze Runner
Archive: Other Books > The Maze Runner - James Dashner - 2 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda C (last edited Oct 05, 2017 08:48PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1084 comments Thomas finds himself in a Box with no memory except his name. He is pulled from the Box into the Glade and finds himself the newest of 50 boys who have arrived here similarly one a month over the last 2 years. The Glade is in the middle of a giant Maze with roaming monsters called Grievers. Instead of being told this when he arrives he is put off and gets the info piecemeal. He learns the hierarchy and the jobs of the Gladers and, of course, the object is to find a way out.

I had heard good things about this book but was disappointed. The voice of Thomas was flat. He would have some intelligent thought and then let emotion shrink his character. Lots of impulse thought and action. There were a couple of promising incidents that fizzled. I just could not get into the action or plot enough to care about these people. Not interested in pursuing the series.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4983 comments I couldn't finish this one. I found it terribly contrived, and decided it was a waste of time.