The YA Book Club discussion

Book Recommendations > YA fiction mental health / good books?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hunter (new)

Hunter | 2 comments Hey, guys!
I've recently been out of the loop with reading recently and I'm looking to get back into it! Do you have any suggestions for books at all? I really enjoyed All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, and am looking for any books like it or anything you guys really liked reading recently. I'm open to any and all suggestions :)
Thanks so much!
-hunter

message 2: by Mariah (new)

Mariah Renee Cisneros (mariahreads) | 18 comments It's kinda a funny story by Ned vizzini

adorkylibrarian | 12 comments I really liked Made You Up by Francesca Zappia and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.

Perks of Being a Wall Flower by Stephen Chbosky is also a great short read.

message 4: by Ilyssa (new)

Ilyssa Guerra | 32 comments I agree Perks of Being a Wallflower is a great read. The new John Green book Turtles All the Way Down also is good and focuses on mental health.

message 5: by MissBecka (last edited Oct 17, 2017 01:43AM) (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 38 comments I agree with Kaylen, Made You Up was really good. Here are a few more I read this year I thought we good....
Where Are the Cocoa Puffs? A Family's Journey Through Bipolar Disorder by Karen Winters Schwartz If You're Lucky by Yvonne Prinz

message 6: by Bshayer (new)

Bshayer Alkuwari (bshayeralkuwari) | 26 comments all the bright places by jennifer niven.

message 7: by carolina (new)

carolina (carolinareads) one of us is lying (kinda of about mental health) but turtles all the way down is one of my absolute favourites!!!

message 8: by Emm (new)

Emm Workman | 3 comments Finding Audrey is a fantastic read about a young girls challenges with anxiety.

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Ali. | 1 comments The Shock Of The Fall by Nathan Flier is amazing!

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danismediacorner) | 2 comments Girl Against the Universe by Paul Stokes is an amazing underhyped book about mental health

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danismediacorner) | 2 comments Words on Bathroom Walls is another good book about mental health, specifically about a boy dealing with schizophrenia

message 12: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Alonso (ohemgitsal) | 3 comments Without Merit by Colleen Hoover (depression)
Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert (bipolar)
Enjoy :)

message 13: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Alonso (ohemgitsal) | 3 comments Also, it's not YA but it's a really good read about bipolar disorder. Silver Linings Playbook

message 14: by shane (new)

shane (shanebluegreenreader) | 2 comments Hiii! Here are a few that I've read: My Heart and Other Black Holes, Eliza and her Monsters, and Without Merit.

message 15: by Elaine Margarette (last edited Dec 13, 2017 08:23AM) (new)

Elaine Margarette (elaineyym) | 14 comments I know some of these are already mentioned before but here goes:

my favorite ya books about mental health are Underwater by Marisa Reichardt (protagonist with PTSD), Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes (also PTSD), Die For You by Amy Fellner Dominy (girl tries to get away from boyfriend's alarmingly obsessive attachment; I recommend this!), Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone (about OCD and one of my absolute faves!), and Made You Up by Francesca Zappia (schizophrenia and also one of my absolute faves).

message 16: by Camryn (new)

Camryn W | 1 comments Mosquitoland by David Arnold is amazing. So much love for that book! Definitely one of my favorites!

message 17: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Geurin | 6 comments Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. It talks about OCD. I just finished it about a week ago, and it is was so good.

message 18: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Granata (kristengranata) | 2 comments "Collision" has mental health issues mixed into the entire main character's story, aside from the love story: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 19: by Tasya (new)

Tasya Dita (giselatasya) | 263 comments All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga, Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

message 20: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (paperback_addiction) | 2 comments History Is All You Left Me discusses mental health a lot! I’ll warn you now though, you will cry the whole way through it. It’s a sad one!

message 21: by Elise (new)

Elise | 1 comments Am I Normal yet from holly Bourne