You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Off Topic Chat > Nobel Prize 2017

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments I have heard Kazuo Ishiguro has won the Literature Nobel Prize 2017...

message 2: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19745 comments Oh, I have his book, Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall. Maybe I should read it for the toppler.

message 3: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18168 comments I read Never Let Me Go years ago and I was a bit disappointed by it. But it might have just been bad timing when I read it. I would still give his other books a try though. I'm always fascinated with who wins the nobel prize for literature.

message 4: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9578 comments I have only read one Kazuo Ishiguro, The Buried Giant and that was earlier this month. It was amazing and I want more. I love the idea that he writes in so many genres. I think the fact that I couldn't pronouce his name made me think I wouldn't enjoy his work it that makes any sense :-/

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul I have The Buried Giant on my book shelf a while now . Just havent got round to it. I will read it soon but more off the back of Margos review than the Noble prize

message 6: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9578 comments Paul wrote: "I have The Buried Giant on my book shelf a while now . Just havent got round to it. I will read it soon but more off the back of Margos review than the Noble prize"

Paul I think you'll really like it. Full of Arthurian legend ;-)