V Games Advanced Readers Club discussion

V Games  (The V Games, #1)
This topic is about V Games
Book Chapters and Info > Finished V Games? Chat about the book here!

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caroline Peckham (carolinepeckham) | 125 comments Mod
Chat about V Games when you're finished reading!
What were your favourite parts/characters?
What do you think will happen next?
Series theories!

Cecilia Jones | 4 comments Love the cover! Great artwork and it draws you in. I can't wait to "sink my teeth" into this book. (Yes, I did go there....sorry.)

Thanks hun! Haha I love a good pun hehe

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė | 2 comments I just finished it and it was so good! I really liked Selena because she was so determined and strong, yet realistic. I liked the development for all of the characters, including Cass. I can't wait to know what happens next because that ending! I hate how much I like cliffhangers.

Aww yay! so glad you liked it! Haha yeah I am a sucker for cliffhangers....

meghann (megs182) | 1 comments Loved it! So excited for the next book and to see what happens with all that was revealed at the end.

Neela | 7 comments Im only in a few chapters and I am liking. I keep posting updates as I go and finding this is the first time im highlight phrases and sentences I like!

Neela wrote: "Im only in a few chapters and I am liking. I keep posting updates as I go and finding this is the first time im highlight phrases and sentences I like!"

Aww that's awesome Neela! I'll have to check out your updates mwahaha...

Hey guys! So out of curiosity...
who was your favourite/least favourite character and why??

Karen Voitik | 1 comments I really wanted a nice, juicy, gorey scene where Angelina gets hers! She never repents, never shows humanity.

message 11: by Slb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Slb | 6 comments 5* on goodreads and bookbubs and I have to wait until Oct. 30 to do Amazon? I loved it. As soon as I hit the hunter's name I chuckled and wondered where is she going with this story? Ach ! Me Hardy I am a reader, Caroline , you went everywhere and did it so well including that little twist on the end. Who to not like, well when they are alive it changes and it is hard to hold a grudge when they are dead and you have a high body count in this book.
SHH, sooo, When is the next book out? I am primed.
Reviews under slb. and will post my link when done on Amazon. Thank you very much for making me aware of your V Games books. slb

Ms. Cyn (cchardsmith) I will probably need a reminder to put my review on Amazon so hopefully we get one.

I also hope we don't have to wait a year for the next book. Cliffhangers aren't fun, however this one was intiguing. I really would love to have Jameson's story.

My fav character is Selena first, Cass second. They are some crazy girls that still have their humanity. My least fav's are Ignus and his sister. The Hunters are worse than the vampires in my opinion.

Rebecca Waldron | 3 comments Seriously, thank you for finding me! V Games was awesome! I loved almost every character. Not those Helsing asses! Blaaaa mean jerks. Lol Seriously though, great concept,great story line, and awesome characters. I've read a LOT of supernatural, zombie type books and only a few had human/hunter story line. This was slightly different due to a possible love story in it. Love that twist. I seriously can't wait for more of Selene and Verick!

With all honesty, I hated Kite! Yeah, she saved and helped a couple times, but she was a bitch. Angelina was a jerk too. I loved Selena, Cass Verick, and sounds like I'm going to love Jameson too.

Great start to what will no doubt be an awesome series.

Aww thanks guys! I've loved reading your reviews!
It won't be a long wait for the second book, I've almost finished it. I'm hoping to have the ARCs ready around the time the first book releases so not long to wait!
I will be sending out a reminder about posting your reviews on Amazon. I'm also publishing the paperback currently so I think once that's up reviews can be posted on Amazon anyway but I'll let you know for sure!

message 15: by Barbara Marie (last edited Oct 09, 2017 12:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barbara Marie Warner | 8 comments V GamesCaroline wrote: "Hey guys! So out of curiosity...
who was your favourite/least favourite character and why??"

I’m almost finished with the book... so I have to say that...
My two favorite characters are Selena & Cass because they are strong, they show the true meaning of friendship, all the way until the end..
The least favorite characters are the Hieslers because of the abuse and the way they mistreat the V’s and the girls. They don’t seems to feel anything about human life towards the girls at all, and they feel so superior to everyone else. I can actually feel sorry for them as you describe what Varick had to go through during his process, it was almost as it was me going through it, it made my skin crawl....
I actually want to see what happens next, can’t wait to read the Epilogue to see what happens next, and hope the next book comes out really soon...

*** I have to say this book is IS OUTSTANDING!!! And according to Goodreads, I have read 150 books this year so far, and that does not include books that were bundled together, so it’s way over that amount !!! Great job....

Barbara Marie wrote: "V GamesCaroline wrote: "Hey guys! So out of curiosity...
who was your favourite/least favourite character and why??"

I’m almost finished with the book... so I have to say that...
..."

Hi Barbara, thank you SO much, that's such a huge compliment!! I'm so overwhelmed by the response I've got to V Games, I'm so glad everyone is connecting with the characters. I'm totally in love with them myself and have poured everything into them emotionally, so it's such a relief to hear that that has translated to so many people!
It won't be a long wait for book 2, I'm just finishing it up and hoping it will be ready for review around the time book 1 releases :)

Cecilia Jones | 4 comments I am not quite done yet, 50 pages to go but I am LOVING THIS BOOK!!! I have been devouring it! The storyline is fantastic and how it takes you from hating Verick to actually feeling sorry for him and cheering for him. I despise, DESPISE, Kite. She got sort of dropped in the middle after the 4th trial but since I haven't yet finished perhaps she really gets what's coming to her in the end or maybe Cass sees that she's a sad, dysfunctional human being and forgives her or at least doesn't hate her. I also really want Mercy to get what's coming to her along with her whole family. For a book to draw this much emotion from me says something about the book! It really draws you in and leaves you wanting to read more...I am LOVING, LOVING this book!!!

Denise | 17 comments O.M.G.!!!!
I loved V. Games... I loved how Salena and the remaining girls in the last game they worked together.. but in the end only 1 could win I was hoping for Cass to make it to... but her injuries were to severe to her legs... 😟... But in the end only 1 girl was to win.. and it was Salena. Now I am hoping that there is a Sequel and that Salina goes back and gets her revenge and recues Varrick

Denise | 17 comments My three most favorite characters are Salina, Varrick, and Cass... Salina for her stay alive attitude and never quit, next there is Varrick the hot Vampire who slowly remembers what it was like to be human, and Cass who makes Salina know that she can put her trust in her and that she would be her friend...

Denise | 17 comments The characters that were in my dislike folder are: Ignus and his sister, the Hunters and the whole Vanhelsing family. I mean torturing Vamps is just nut cool in my thoughts... I am for the Vampire for the win

Denise | 17 comments Salina has to go back and rescue Varrick... That ending was something else... I had the feeling that something is brewing between the two... And Salina also needs to fulfill her promise to the fallen girls and complete her revenge on the Valhelsings and the other Hunters

Cecilia Jones wrote: "I am not quite done yet, 50 pages to go but I am LOVING THIS BOOK!!! I have been devouring it! The storyline is fantastic and how it takes you from hating Verick to actually feeling sorry for him a..."

Ahh so excited you're enjoying it so much Cecilia! You'll have to let me know when you're done!! I agree on many things but I don't want to give anything away so I'll stay quiet hehe - enjoy the rest of the book!

Denise wrote: "Salina has to go back and rescue Varrick... That ending was something else... I had the feeling that something is brewing between the two... And Salina also needs to fulfill her promise to the fall..."

The sequel is on its way don't worry! I've almost finished it :)
Yessss, I can't give any spoilers but love your theories hehe
Sooo over the moon that you enjoyed it !!

Kitty Galore | 1 comments Awesome read! I really enjoyed reading this book! It was refreshing for me having read so many books with similar storylines.

Ms. Cyn (cchardsmith) I actually wonder if Cass becomes a vampire. We aren't told how V's are made except that they die. Cass was given blood when she died so perhaps she turns. That would be so cool..

Loving the theories guys I wish I could say more!

Cecilia Jones | 4 comments I finished the book last night, WOW! I can't tell you when was the last time I thoroughly enjoyed a read like this one and I read a LOT of books. This is very well told, the story weaves you through your own emotions-seriously, I went from annoyed, hate, scared, loved, hate, hate, love....I was sated when I finished last night and I can not wait for the next installment so Caroline please hurry up and publish it!!

Cecilia Jones wrote: "I finished the book last night, WOW! I can't tell you when was the last time I thoroughly enjoyed a read like this one and I read a LOT of books. This is very well told, the story weaves you throug..."

Cecilia that's such a massive compliment - thank you so much!!
I promise I won't take long with the next instalment it's already well under way!!!!!!

Carmen (chbarahona) | 8 comments Hi Caroline the more I read these reviews the more I want to read your book. I haven't received it. Honestly I don't know where to look for it, did you send an email with a link? I'm anxious to read it now.
Thank you! :)

Carmen wrote: "Hi Caroline the more I read these reviews the more I want to read your book. I haven't received it. Honestly I don't know where to look for it, did you send an email with a link? I'm anxious to rea..."

Hey Carmen - I did send an email sorry you didn't receive it! If you send me your email again I'll send you a copy now! :)

Neela | 7 comments Completed and reviewed! I just finished reading it and thank you Caroline for sharing this story with us. Thay epilogue-GAH

Deborah Hawley (debhawley) | 3 comments Almost finished!! WOW!!!! I'll review and post when finished. Thank you again!

Deborah wrote: "Almost finished!! WOW!!!! I'll review and post when finished. Thank you again!"

Thanks Deborah - look forward to hearing your thoughts :D

Neela wrote: "Completed and reviewed! I just finished reading it and thank you Caroline for sharing this story with us. Thay epilogue-GAH"

Thanks Neela!! Haha yeah just had to throw a little cliffhanger in didn't I :)

message 35: by Deborah (last edited Oct 14, 2017 02:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deborah Hawley (debhawley) | 3 comments Caroline wrote: "Chat about V Games when you're finished reading!
Series theories!"

Finished and took 48 hours to absorb and now here I am. You have a hit on your hands here Caroline! My favorite parts do not include the prison sorry to say, as it is a very important part of the book. I would say the yacht starts its for me and then Varicks humanity hints and the subtle interest between Selena and Varick. There are so many unknowns, yet these can be pulled into the next book and really throw some excitement in such as the ending with our famous wolf! In my heart I know that Selena will come back for Varick. But, will she be in time before the experiment starts. Looking forward to the next book already!

Deborah wrote: "Caroline wrote: "Chat about V Games when you're finished reading!
Series theories!"

Finished and took 48 hours to abs..."

Aww thanks Deborah - so happy that you enjoyed it! Yes lots more questions to be answered - I'm looking forward to getting the second book out already hehe

Nicole (littlefoot10) | 3 comments Best novel I have read all year. I was literally at the edge of my seat, this was adrenaline pumping for sure! I obviously really love Selena as a main character; she is complex and has many layers to her personality.

I also love Varick, sexy pirate vampire. YUS! I can't wait to see what happens with him and a certain person from his past...Jameson. Ahhh So many exciting things happening. I love a good cliff hangar but hot dog I want more already!

I need more right away, please hurry. I'm hooked...Compelled if you will :)!! Review already posted. Seriously will read anything you create, I loved the writing and the plot was so so good !!!

Carmen (chbarahona) | 8 comments I totally agree. I am intentionally not reading it as fast as I normally would because I don't want it to end and I hate when I love a book and i have to wait like forever for the next one. OK maybe not forever but when you love a book it feels like its taking forever :) I almost done and I am loving it.

I too love Varick. OMG back to the book. Such a fun read!
Thanks Caroline you are so damn talented.

Rachel (lucky13_452) | 3 comments I really liked this book and things didn't go how I expected them to which was cool. This book was dark and it made you see humans in not the best of light the supposedly good guys aren't always the good guys.

Selena is an awesome character who surprised me in many ways but Varick was a shocker especial the connection those two had. Also that ending what?!? Does that mean werewolves exist in this world? I can't wait to see the backstory behind that and I have to know if Selena is going to go back to the island to get her revenge.

Nicole wrote: "Best novel I have read all year. I was literally at the edge of my seat, this was adrenaline pumping for sure! I obviously really love Selena as a main character; she is complex and has many layers..."

Nicole you've overwhelmed me with your kind words! I don't know what else to say but THANK YOU!!! I can feel your excitement glowing off the page which is one of the absolute best things about writing - the readers!!
Not too long to wait for book 2 it's well under way :)
Keep in touch!

Carmen wrote: "I totally agree. I am intentionally not reading it as fast as I normally would because I don't want it to end and I hate when I love a book and i have to wait like forever for the next one. OK mayb..."

Carmen that's so sweet that you're reading it slower on purpose!! I'm soooo happy that you're enjoying it and am really looking forward to your opinion when you're finished! Haha gotta admit, I also love Varick...
Enjoy the rest of the book :D

Rachel wrote: "I really liked this book and things didn't go how I expected them to which was cool. This book was dark and it made you see humans in not the best of light the supposedly good guys aren't always th..."

Thanks so much for your review Rachel!!! So glad you enjoyed it. Hehe yeah I love writing morally grey characters, makes you doubt who you like at all haha. Glad you like Selena I think she's come off the exact way I wanted her to so yay!! Can't give you any hints I'm afraid but I promise there'll be lots more answers and lots more fun and games.....

message 43: by Denise (last edited Oct 20, 2017 11:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Denise | 17 comments My review is posted on Goodreads... I can't wait to see what will happen next...
Caroline you have me on my seat waiting patiently to find what happens with Selena and Garick... I also am wanting to know how Garick's friend was shifted into a wolf.. That is going to be fun to read about

Denise wrote: "My review is posted on Goodreads... I can't wait to see what will happen next...
Caroline you have me on my seat waiting patiently to fund what happens with Selena and Garick... I also am wanting t..."

Thank you Denise! I'm currently sitting down with my morning tea (yes, I'm very English lol) and hard at work writing book 2 so it shouldn't be a long wait!
I plan to answer lots of your questions, give you lots more questions and also give you some WTF just happened moments mwahahaha.
Thank you again for reading and reviewing!!

Denise | 17 comments Sound like it is going to be very fun

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

V Games (other topics)