Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

American History X - screenplay
This topic is about American History X - screenplay
Archive [General] > Blood Eagles- the shield wall of death rises

Comments Showing 1-50 of 473 (473 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Ok everyone, let’s start sharpening our shivs.

I’m expecting some next level grit from you guys

message 2: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Team Margret:

Iain
Tammie
Hacen
Samir
Robert
Ann
Tania
Jessica
Dhmhtrhs

message 3: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Margret wrote: "Ok everyone, let’s start sharpening our shivs.

I’m expecting some next level grit from you guys"

“You can never have too many knives.” - Logen Ninefingers

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Oct 05, 2017 04:08PM) (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
No talking tough Samir we know you're a PNR guy.

message 5: by Hacen (new)

Hacen | 881 comments I'm excited 😁 When will this be starting?

message 6: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Scott wrote: "No talking tough Samir we know you're a PNR guy."

What does PNR stand for? Paranormal romance?

message 7: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments Reserved... and yes Samir, PNR = ParaNormal Romance

message 8: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Samir wrote: "Scott wrote: "No talking tough Samir we know you're a PNR guy."

What does PNR stand for? Paranormal romance?"

Correct.

message 9: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments Joke team name suggestion: "Team 2"... I can't remember where I saw it several years ago... but it was some classroom competition and one team had a real team name like Scott's team does... and the other was just "Team 2"

message 10: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2130 comments Iain wrote: "Joke team name suggestion: "Team 2"... I can't remember where I saw it several years ago... but it was some classroom competition and one team had a real team name like Scott's team does... and the..."

Plus it’s the highest you guys have any chance of ranking.

message 11: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

I was thinking The Dusty Monocles but wanted to maybe take suggestions and vote?

message 12: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments I have the perfect mascot for that... Monty Bojangles... cat in suit jacket and top hat with a monacle... there's a pallet skirt for the chocolate truffles he already mascots where he is riding a truffle rocket... I'll have to take a photo since I can't find it online

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments Questions, lots of questions: What are the rules going to be? Does this start in 2018? Can we start “training” or “practicing” now?

message 14: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments Oh, never mind, I found the rules thread ...

message 15: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

If by practicing, you mean reading. Then yes you must read always :)

message 16: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Iain if I’m not mistaken, this is giving you excitement about dressing up your cat lol

message 17: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments Sadly I'm allergic to cat hair... no cats for me... it seems to run in the family... one of my uncles is allergic as well...

Anyway... I took a picture before I left work... I'll try and take a clearer picture with some zoom and clarity tomorrow, but for now... BEHOLD Monty Bojangles in all his glory:

message 18: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments I've been given a new job assignment at work... it moves me to a location that allows me to squeeze in a bit more audiobook listening time at work... win/win for this challenge...

message 19: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7025 comments Mod
Ima call corporate and get that taken care of asap. ;P

message 20: by Rob (last edited Oct 06, 2017 07:38AM) (new)

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1715 comments Ra ra ra, go team go :) And stuff.

Dusty Monocles is fine by me, though I don't know if there is a unifying author or series that everyone on this team that we could rally behind? (or a sub buddy read we could all go through together as a rallying point) to find some reference as a team name that is.

*shrug*

For example, a Malazan House in the deck of dragons.
One of the groups of radiants from the Stormlight Archive or some other sanderson mistborn reference, etc.
Or something less cheesey :)

message 21: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Since Margret is a nurse I think the Rumpswabs would be a great name for this team.

message 22: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7025 comments Mod
Lmao

message 23: by Rob (new)

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1715 comments Scott wrote: "Since Margret is a nurse I think the Rumpswabs would be a great name for this team."

lol. ...we could be the "1..2...3. Lift" team on that end. And at least make it nursing related and metaphorical....oooh.

message 24: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

UM. Excuse me... I’m not a nurse, I’m a Respiratory Therapist. I don’t do butts.

message 25: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

I’d be ok with that Robert! The cheesier the better!

message 26: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments So basically:

Niki NOOOOOOOO... I'm a rebel anyway... I do what I want...

message 27: by Rob (new)

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1715 comments Hmmm...I'm thinking an Expanse theme and a coffee reference....hmmm

message 28: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments I saved a copy to my computer in case the web-image disappears after awhile... not sure how reliable meme-generator images are long-term...

message 29: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments According to urban dictionary, a rumpswab is "someone who is so intense and sloppy in their asskissing/brown-nosing that they might as well be a bidet."

message 30: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "According to urban dictionary, a rumpswab is "someone who is so intense and sloppy in their asskissing/brown-nosing that they might as well be a bidet.""

When you explain a joke it's all over.

message 31: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Actually, I support explaining jokes as part of my dirty humor is to explain the dirty joke I just made to make people more uncomfortable. I would give an example, but I’d get reported in my own group.

message 32: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments It's a pretty miniscule urban dictionary entry... I google'd it on a whim... I assumed you went with rumpswab for it's literal meaning... rump swab...

Margret almost should have just gone on letting us believe she worked with butts... Respiratory Therapy is just too ripe a field for further jokes... about us needing CPR to stay in the competition and the like...

message 33: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments @Margret: That's why we have a no-holds-barred Discord server now...

https://discord.gg/5Kjewa

Explain away...

message 34: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2130 comments Margret wrote: "UM. Excuse me... I’m not a nurse, I’m a Respiratory Therapist. I don’t do butts."

That’s not what you told me when you gave me that prostate exam.

message 35: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments "Trust me I'm a nurse... a butt nurse?"

Reminds me of all them jokes about people asking their dentist for medical advice like they know about anything other than mouth stuff...

message 36: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Bill, I thought it was obvious by the leather gloves and sexy music what was really going on

message 37: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments BOSS: Know why I called you in here?
EMPLOYEE: Because I accidentally sent you a dick pic
BOSS: [stops pouring 2 glasses of wine] Accidentally?

message 38: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "It's a pretty miniscule urban dictionary entry... I google'd it on a whim... I assumed you went with rumpswab for it's literal meaning... rump swab..."

I was just trash talking. The urban dictionary version of that has been around since I was a kid so I assumed everybody knew it.

message 39: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Bill wrote: "Margret wrote: "UM. Excuse me... I’m not a nurse, I’m a Respiratory Therapist. I don’t do butts."

That’s not what you told me when you gave me that prostate exam."

I told you she was into 50 Shades of Brown.

message 40: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments Scott wrote: "Bill wrote: "Margret wrote: "UM. Excuse me... I’m not a nurse, I’m a Respiratory Therapist. I don’t do butts."

That’s not what you told me when you gave me that prostate exam."

I told you she was..."

And there's out first potential Buddy Read: Fifty Shades of Brown by D.A. Packer Fifty Shades of Brown by Melanie C. Jones 50 Shades of Brown by Fecalina Buttress

message 41: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments The author/editor of that last one.........

message 42: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Bahahaha Fecalina Brown...

I won’t deny I’ve been to some foreign body removals, but I was only there for airway support on the other end during the sedation.

message 43: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments 50 Shades of Brown by Fecalina BUTTRESS, Shitonya DeFequeche (Editor), Pugs (Translator)

message 44: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

As for team name- we could go a little more Viking-esque and name ourselves the Blood Eagles

message 45: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Margret wrote: "As for team name- we could go a little more Viking-esque and name ourselves the Blood Eagles"

We spill blood but we are classy.

message 46: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments I like Blood Eagles as a name (not for lunch).

message 47: by Rob (last edited Oct 06, 2017 10:47AM) (new)

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1715 comments Ragnar Lothbruk approves. King Aelle, not so much.

message 48: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Samir wrote: "Margret wrote: "As for team name- we could go a little more Viking-esque and name ourselves the Blood Eagles"

We spill blood but we are classy.

"

I love that the eagle has a monocle. It’s like you get me. Official name change has been registered

message 49: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments IIIIIIIIIIIIIII Like It...

message 50: by Hacen (new)

Hacen | 881 comments Love it! 😁

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10