The Phantom of the Opera Fans discussion

The Movie/ Musical > The Movie

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

well, what did you think...?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) i've never seen the play, but i like the music. christine's voice drives me nuts, but erik's is okay. the movie... ♥

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, luv da music... luv da movie... <3 must see the musical... lol

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) heck yes. i have the origanal London cast version on my iPod. and the movie soundtrack too

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! hehe, i listen to the movie version of the songs on youtube... XD

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) i got them from the library lolz

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, nice... hardly ever get to go there... *sighs wistfully...*

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) I live on the air force base right next to the army base. And me and my sister bile over there all the time

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

???

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) Me and my sister bike to our library

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

cool

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

ive gotta literally BEG my mom to drive me, lol -.-

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't cause my mom loves the library almost more than I do.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, lucky... all my mom reads are buisness and motivational books, like how to make friends and influence people... grrr... from the way shes been acting today, it shouldve probably been how to loose friends and gain enemies... every time i would leave the room, she would call me back and either yell at me, or have me do something else... -.-

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) haha

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

not funny!!!!!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) anyway. have you noticed when Erik's singing the Music of the Night song and the shadow of the camera passes over Christine's face?

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) and how much Raoul looks like a girl when they're in Erik's house?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL!!! no, i have NOT noticed the camera, but raoul looks like a girl in general...

they even discribe him that way in the book!

message 20: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 106 comments Mod
I am totally obsessed... I liked the play on Broadway better than the movie, even tho i've watched it a billion times. lol Raoul does look like a girl, and he's annoying looking in Down Once More... I have the original cast on my ipod, tis amazing, and watch the movie stuff on youtube or the movie. Gerard Butler is a lot different than michael Crawford, but good too.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

omg!!!!!!!! I WANNA SEE THE STAGE VERSION SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!! lol, im learning how o play osme of the songs on the piano...

message 22: by Allie (new)

ooh cool, i wish i was musical so i could do that! the stage version is amazing. XD the lake looks amazingly cool, and the words in Music of the Night are different, but other than that it's almost the same... oh and there's a cool part where Phantom says, "I'm here, the phantom of the opera!" again and again coming from different parts of the theatre before Point of No Return. But there's really no comparison to seeing it in real life, and my Phantom's voice was beyond amazing.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, awesome!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

When I was in NYC I almost got in to see POTO in theater but the last ticket had just been sold when I got there. I was about to spend the rest of the money I had for the rest of the trip on this, too. I was so close to seeing it.

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) O NOES!!

message 26: by Allie (new)

That's awful!!! We got the half price tickets the day of, but our seats were still amazing.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Clara Rosalie wrote: "When I was in NYC I almost got in to see POTO in theater but the last ticket had just been sold when I got there. I was about to spend the rest of the money I had for the rest of the trip on this, ..."

AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS HORRIBLE!!!!!!! HOW OCULD THEY DO THAT????????!!!!!!!!! *pats clara rosalie on the back*

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! If I had been there 15 seconds sooner, I could have seen it! Oh, well.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

): *tear*

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) no, that's not depressing at all

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

ikr?

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) it's kinda cheesey though

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) the movie. it's kinda cheesey

message 34: by Allie (new)

but i love it anyway. XD

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi i'm new to the group.
I LOVE Phantom. It's on my top five favorite musicals. I've seen the movie like 20 times and i saw the broadway performance of it when they came to my city.

message 36: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) awesome

message 37: by Allie (new)

Yes, tis amazing.

message 38: by Hope (new)

Hope I wish I could see the play! I have no idea how many times I've seen the movie though... I watch it like once a week or so...

message 39: by Allie (new)

lol! I just bought it, i've watched it like ten times already

message 40: by Hope (new)

Hope I know what you mean! I got it for Christmas when I was like 9 or 10 I have been so obsessed since I was like 8 and I watched it at my friends house, I got the soundtrack when I got the movie too! :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

My mom stopped buying movies D:. she said she won't buy Phantom for me. and i have no money

message 42: by Hope (new)

Hope sad!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I found the movie at Goodwill; it was only 50 cents. :)

message 44: by Hope (new)

Hope no way! I don't know how much mine was... what is Goodwill?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a, I guess, second-hand store. It's fairly widespread. You haven't heard of it? Not to be taken offensively.

message 46: by Erica (new)

Erica  (ericamariej) The movie was soo good.....I became so obsesses with the music, but after watching it so many times for the music the story grew on me as well...now I could watch it all the time and it will never get boring or stupid...

message 47: by Allie (new)

Ttly agree!!!!!