Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Safe Word (Carrie’s Story #2)
This topic is about Safe Word
Archive [General] > House of Chains- the 50 shades kind of chains (you’re gonna need a safe word)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,150 (1150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Nov 10, 2017 06:20PM) (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Team badass or whatever else you guys would like. Should be fun.

Bill
CP
Olivia
Lundos
Ahdam
Saar
Charlie
Sha
Laura

message 2: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Can't wait better get started then 😁😁

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2130 comments Can’t believe we still need to wait almost another 3 months.

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Ahdam wrote: "Can't wait better get started then 😁😁"

Welcome aboard!

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Bill wrote: "Can’t believe we still need to wait almost another 3 months."

No doubt. It will allow for a little bit of setting up a strategy.

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1055 comments I can't wait for this :)

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Olivia wrote: "I can't wait for this :)"

Sweet, me too.

message 8: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Yes! Excited for this!

message 9: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4436 comments super excited!

message 10: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Charlie wrote: "super excited!"

C.P. wrote: "Yes! Excited for this!"

Stoked!

message 11: by Sha (new)

Sha | 1522 comments //cracks knuckles

:D

message 12: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments I'll do some more research and get you guys a book link in the morning... but if you guys start falling behind in the competition I have some reading suggestions for you...

There used to be a book on Kindle Unlimited called the Book of A's... someone just held the A key down for 30 pages and got it onto Kindle Unlimited, where people reading to page 4 (the Table of Contents) earned the "writer" his $2 share of KU profits... it was books like these that got Amazon to change their author payscale...

I'm sure I can find some more easy books to boost your points when you start lagging behind.

message 13: by Lundos (new)

Lundos | 392 comments What a team. It's so good it's unfair to the other teams. Cannot wait to kick ass.

message 14: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Lundos wrote: "What a team. It's so good it's unfair to the other teams. Cannot wait to kick ass."

Welcome to team GrimDark!

message 15: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "I'll do some more research and get you guys a book link in the morning... but if you guys start falling behind in the competition I have some reading suggestions for you...

There used to be a book..."

Iain sorry you got lost. The Dr Suess section is back over with Niki's PRN Panies.

message 16: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments That's cool Iain but I I'll take the long way for this one besides and I have a reputation o uphold for the grimdark lads 😈😈😈

message 17: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments Scott wrote: "Iain wrote: "I'll do some more research and get you guys a book link in the morning... but if you guys start falling behind in the competition I have some reading suggestions for you...

There used..."

Don't worry... I was getting ready to hit her up next for her children's book postings last week...

message 18: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7047 comments Mod
lol omg both of you can suck it. ;P

message 19: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Niki Hawkes wrote: "lol omg both of you can suck it. ;P"

You need to work on the "I know you are but what and I?" and "Kiss my Grits" type of comebacks. (Triple bonus if you get the second reference.)

message 20: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

You can't improve on already perfect comebacks. This Alice'll knock you right to the moon.

message 21: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
You guys are so adorable

message 22: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments Scott wrote: "I think the Rumpswabs would be a great name for this team."

message 23: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments I'm rubber and you're glue... everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you...

I know you are but what am I...

message 24: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Niki Hawkes wrote: "You can't improve on already perfect comebacks. This Alice'll knock you right to the moon."

Right show wrong character, Flo.

message 25: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Yeah, I got that lol

message 26: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

To be fair, I'm not old enough to have actually seen the show.

message 27: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Niki Hawkes wrote: "To be fair, I'm not old enough to have actually seen the show."

Doing your best Jenna impersonation.

message 28: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments Oldest show I remember seeing a number of times is I Love Lucy on Nick at Night as a kid... working nights I've seen a bunch of The Nanny with Fran Drescher and Three's Company with John Ritter and a few others over the years that we watched at 1am or 3am for months on end in the break room... these days its usually MASH or reality TV depending on who goes to break first...

message 29: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Actually Scott, she’s just saying you’re old

message 30: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Margret wrote: "Actually Scott, she’s just saying you’re old"

Guilty.

message 31: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Oldest show I remember watching as a kid was Speed Racer which I thought was the bomb at 3 or 4. Then I didn't see it for years and Nick at Night played and ruined it for me because it sucked so badly. Some childhood things should stay there so they don't get tainted by adult reality.

message 32: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments If anything ruined Speed Racer for me it was this dirty remix of the theme song... it gets really dirty around the 3:45 minute mark splicing together moans and groans from Trixie and Speed... then "Here he comes, here comes speed racer"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teLUa...

They used to play it on an online radio station I listened to 10-12 years ago...

message 33: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments Don't say it! Speed Racer is still great!

message 34: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Does everybody on the team do audio? If you don't you should and we can talk about the best narrators.

message 35: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments I don't haven't found the time or the right book yet so I'll be looking into your guys narrators since I want to find the best people

message 36: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Ahdam wrote: "I don't haven't found the time or the right book yet so I'll be looking into your guys narrators since I want to find the best people"

Wheel of Time, Stormlight Archives and Shades of Magic are all co-narrated by Kramer and Redding. Kramer also does Mistborn and Licanius. Redding also does Codex Alera.

Riyria and Legends, Tim Gerard Reynolds. He also does Red Rising.

There's lots of others but to start the list. Augmenting your reading while commuting is a great way to blast through some books. Doing stuff around the house as well.

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I'm listening to more audio now that I'm driving more. I'm listening to The Shadow of What was Lost right now. Almost finished. Audio is hard for me though. I'm getting better with it, but it can be hard for me to listen for very long. My hour of driving a day is about all I can do.

message 38: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments You guys shouldn't listen if you can't handle it... it just lets you get more reading done per day and earns you more points... I wouldn't want that :)

message 39: by Sha (new)

Sha | 1522 comments I can put off joining the challenges till next year for maximum efficiency, right? Is there any challenge that finishes in 2017?

message 40: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments It helps getting into audiobooks if you try rereading a book you already know you love first, especially if it has a great narrator =]. I was totally turned off to audiobooks until I listened to The Way of Kings. It took some time for me to get used to them, but I can't imagine not having audiobooks to listen to now.

message 41: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Sha wrote: "I can put off joining the challenges till next year for maximum efficiency, right? Is there any challenge that finishes in 2017?"

No you can join any of them at any time. I think the cover one might be winding down from the perspective most people will finish this year.

Saar The Book owl | 1899 comments I've just seen this...Shame on me for being so late, but I'm glad to be part of the team!

message 43: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Saar wrote: "I've just seen this...Shame on me for being so late, but I'm glad to be part of the team!"

Welcome to the party!

message 44: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Please welcome Laura to Team 187! :)

message 45: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Niki Hawkes wrote: "Please welcome Laura to Team 187! :)"

Woo-hoo. Glad to have you on board Laura.

message 46: by Ahdam (last edited Nov 08, 2017 02:37PM) (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Alright the more the better this is gonna be interesting

message 47: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments Hi guys.
Looks like I got chosen into an awesome team!!!
Thank you for having me! :)

message 48: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments Uhhh... something something... #TeamSatan

message 49: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "Uhhh... something something... #TeamSatan"

When you're the alpha dogs there's no reason to bark. So.........Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

message 50: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14923 comments I just wrote #TeamSatan because it was shorter than #TeamHouseOfChainsMordorSlytherin... I guess someone added Satan to your title, so I went with it... not sure anyone caught the point of this comment and a few others yet, tho :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23