Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book has the wrong author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joshua (last edited Oct 05, 2017 12:43PM) (new)

Joshua Smith | 5 comments My sister Kimberly K. Smith isn't on goodreads as a user, but I was looking at her books and there is one listed that she did not write: Blackberry Soul Celebrations: A Handbook For African American Bridal And Baby Showers

That should be listed under a different Kimberly K Smith, I guess.

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Slipper slope on this one. In reality all of her books should probably be moved to a new profile, so that books by other authors with her name do not get dropped there.

The profile you are talking about is the default profile all books are imported into, it is not her profile.

message 3: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Smith | 5 comments I see. Is that something I can do? Or does a librarian need to do that?

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 05, 2017 03:08PM) (new)

Her profile is the single space default Kimberly K. Smith. I moved the book that wasn't hers to Kimberly^K.^^Smith (^=space). If you see any books feed into hers/the default profile that aren't hers, let us know and we will move them. If it happens too much, she can join goodreads author program. At that time she can request not to have the default single space profile name.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6170 comments She doesn't need to be a GR author to get another spacing - we could just move that profile if needed.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

ok

message 7: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Smith | 5 comments Thank you all for handling this. You're the best!