ARCs Anonymous discussion

ARCtober (...you get it) > October ARC theme

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (last edited Oct 05, 2017 11:08AM) (new)

Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (avalinahsbooks) | 219 comments Mod
Okay, so the plan is this:
We choose a theme / genre for our ARC and that will help us pick the next ARC in the list. Since everyone has different ARCs, we will generally just pick a theme because that's the easiest way for us to motivate ourselves all together!

UPDATE: by ARCs, I mean any kind of review copy! They don't necessarily have to bet ARCs, just as long as it's a copy from the publisher/author – it totally counts!

It's October 5, I've just started the group, and I don't know if it will roll out fast enough for us to actually start reading! But if it doesn't we can just postpone the read :)

Here's the poll! The poll is active up tilll October Friday the 13th (boo!)
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

After choosing our topic, we will all share the ARC we've picked from our stacks, I will put ALL those on the group shelf and we'll start reading! At the end of the read, we will share all of our reviews with each other :)

message 2: by Simant (new)

Simant Verma (allthatissim) That’s a great idea for just picking the theme and not the actual ARC because everyone can decide to read different things. Also I would like to include review copies too and mostly they would be from Indian authors and probably there won’t be anyone else hear reading the same book. So it’s definitely better to just choose a theme 😀

Exactly, and we will all share reviews as well! Yes, review copies absolutely count, I have included that explanation in both "How it works" bit and I have updated this post too!

It's even more interesting if you're reading a different book. We will just have more interesting and diverse reviews to read :)

message 4: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Andrews (beabookworm) (brittneyandrews) | 1 comments Thanks for the invite, Evelina!! =D

It is absolutely my pleasure! I hope you can have some fun, and cut down on your ARCs too :)

UPDATE:
I have updated the poll to only be active up till the 8th. There are already so many of us! (Thank you for joining, everyone! 😍)

On Monday I will announce the winner theme, and then we will all pick a book from our pile, share it with the group and start reading!!