THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Ad campaigns -- Where are ads visible?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken (new)

Ken Isaacson (kenisaacson) | 3 comments If I run an ad campaign, where will the ad be visible? As I look around Goodreads, I don't think I see ads for other books, so I'm curious where those ads actually are.

Many thanks!

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (kendoyle) | 347 comments Ken wrote: "If I run an ad campaign, where will the ad be visible? As I look around Goodreads, I don't think I see ads for other books, so I'm curious where those ads actually are.

Many thanks!"

On this page at the moment, there's a tan-colored box at the bottom of the right sidebar, with the title "Sponsored Books". That's where the ads show. If you don't see it, it could be that you're using an ad-blocker.

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken Isaacson (kenisaacson) | 3 comments Hmmm. Not aware of any ad blocker that I may be using. Tried in three browsers (Edge, Firefox, and Explorer). Color me still curious!

Thanks!

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan Notzon | 212 comments I tried searching and went to support@goodreads.com and looked for Sponsored Books and Sponsored Links and had no success. But then, I'm a technological neanderthal.

message 5: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Kardos | 17 comments Ads shouldn't be that difficult to find especially since you actually searched form them. Aside from ads, I don't know how someone can easily find my book on Goodreads. So far, this site appears to me as rather static -- I've had a giveaway, answered author questions, joined groups, added quotes and so on, but I'm just not sure how this directs visitors to my book...so if ads are obscure, I'm not feeling so great about this site right now. Happy to be enlightened.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken Isaacson (kenisaacson) | 3 comments Well, my problem in not seeing any ads actually does appear to be with some kind of ad block (which I can't locate in any of my browsers). I logged on to Goodreads from my phone, and the ads were where Ken Doyle said: Right hand side of page, under legend "Sponsored books." Will have to investigate what's preventing them from showing on my desktop computer.

Thanks for all the responses.