What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
This topic is about The Seduction Of Elliot McBride
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance set in 1800s England. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexia (new) - added it

Alexia (travelingleaf) | 33 comments This story was one in a series I believe. The heroine has close ties with the hero's family, childhood friends I think. The story starts with her being jilted at her own wedding, her fiancé having run off with his pianist instructor. She goes to have some alone time in a smaller church next to the main chapel and accidentally sits on the hero who had been trying to sleep through her wedding.
The hero had gone off to war and had actually been captured and tortured, not heard from for months. The hero also has been secretly in love with the heroine for a long time, and when she relates what has happened, offers marriage to her. She is skeptical, but willing to do so because she has had some feelings for the hero. They run off to Gretna green that night. Past that, I can't remember much of the plot other than his continuous struggle with PTSD and his refusal to stay in her bed. Any help would be appreciated.

message 2: by Elley (new)

Elley Murray (elleyotter) Following because this sounds like my kind of book. :)

For another jilted bride and hero suffering from PTSD, check out Erin Knightley's The Baron Next Door. I really enjoyed it. :) I hope someone knows which book this is!!

message 3: by Alexia (last edited Oct 05, 2017 03:06PM) (new) - added it

Alexia (travelingleaf) | 33 comments Solved this one myself by continuing the series without realizing it 😅. The book is called The Seduction Of Elliot McBride, but the first in the series (The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie) is my favorite. Thanks for the suggestion!