The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

CONTEST ENTRIES > Logo Contest (for Winter 2017)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Oct 22, 2017 03:34PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4932 comments Mod
This is the thread for the logo design contest. Each season, group members will have the opportunity to design a new logo that will represent the group during the duration of the following challenge. You may submit a masthead banner design to accompany your logo.

Pictures and anything used to create the logo should be original material (i.e. no copyrighted or images).

Images must be between 1KB and 6MB and of type: jpg/jpeg/gif/png/tiff/tif
Logos are best in square or slightly rectangular (either vertical or horizontal) shapes. Some images may be cropped by GR.
A working size would be approximately 340px X 340px.
Mastheads are 3:1 or 970px wide by 245px high
On the group's homepage the logo overlaps the masthead at the lower left.

You can post a picture directly in this thread using a photo sharing site such as Photobucket, provide a link to the image or send Dlmrose a message for help. The logo should reflect in some way the season, bonus theme or purpose of the group.

The Winter 2017 bonus theme is: Animals (zoo, circus, aquarium, safari)

This thread is open for submissions and it will close at Midnight EST on November 18, 2017- voting will start the next day and run until the end of the GR day on November 30. The winning submission will replace the current logo on December 1st. Good Luck To Everyone!!

message 2: by Lavender (last edited Oct 23, 2017 05:22AM) (new)

Lavender (purlav) | 374 comments Ideas for Winter Logo/Masthead.
I took these photos at the New England Aquarium in Boston a couple years ago.

Masthead:

Logo:

message 3: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1745 comments I love these ideas!

message 4: by Tess (new)

Tess (tessavanessa) | 1392 comments Masthead:

Logo:

I took these a couple of years ago at my birthday visit to the zoo.

message 5: by Lavender (new)

Lavender (purlav) | 374 comments Tess wrote: "Masthead:

Logo:

I took these a couple of years ago at my birthday visit to the zoo."

Oh I LOVE these!!! especially the giraffes.

message 6: by Lavender (new)

Lavender (purlav) | 374 comments Karen Michele wrote: "I love these ideas!"

Thank you!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 72 comments The gorilla one is awesome!

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3765 comments I love the animal pics, but can some creative person please come up with logos that are lighter in color .... these dark backgrounds are hard on my older eyes!

message 9: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 911 comments These are both great!

message 10: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1745 comments Another fantastic pair of logos, Tess! Both entries are wonderful!

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Greene (dakimel) | 866 comments I took the jellyfish pic at the Monterrey Aquarium this summer; the lions are from a CCO pic I downloaded from Pixabay

message 12: by Lavender (new)

Lavender (purlav) | 374 comments Melanie wrote: "I took the jellyfish pic at the Monterrey Aquarium this summer; the lions are from a CCO pic I downloaded from Pixabay

"

Wonderful!!!

message 13: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1745 comments It's sure going to be a difficult choice --- all 3 look great!

message 14: by Terri FL (new)

Terri FL (territhemuse) | 527 comments I didn't have much luck posting before, ages ago, but, will try again! I have a second submission as well if that's ok, or are we just limited to 1?

This squirrel was hanging around in Kensington Gardens. Loved him! The sheep were in a field next to Stonehenge. For some reason they make me feel peaceful when I look at them.

photo SRC Logo - Squirrel_zpsiu3iesjr.jpg

photo sheep 2_zpsdwys2vh0.jpg

message 15: by Lavender (new)

Lavender (purlav) | 374 comments Terri FL wrote: "I didn't have much luck posting before, ages ago, but, will try again! I have a second submission as well if that's ok, or are we just limited to 1?

This squirrel was hanging around in Kensington ..."

These are great!

message 16: by Terri FL (new)

Terri FL (territhemuse) | 527 comments Trying another one. These were residents of the hotel from a recent trip to Colombia we took.

photo Logo - Colombia_zps9czesy0g.jpg

photo Masthead - Colombia_zpspwtuqjbr.jpg

message 17: by Lavender (new)

Lavender (purlav) | 374 comments Terri FL wrote: "Trying another one. These were residents of the hotel from a recent trip to Colombia we took.

Also awesome!

"

message 18: by Terri FL (new)

Terri FL (territhemuse) | 527 comments Lavender wrote: "Terri FL wrote: "Trying another one. These were residents of the hotel from a recent trip to Colombia we took.

Also awesome!

""

Thanks! It's fun to dig out my travel photos.

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Greene (dakimel) | 866 comments Terri FL wrote: "Trying another one. These were residents of the hotel from a recent trip to Colombia we took.

Those birds are gorgeous

All your photos are superb

"