Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > NSW Get Together Saturday 17th February 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 235 (235 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Marianne (last edited Feb 14, 2018 05:18PM) (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments For those interested in coming along to our next get together, please put your names down in this thread, and we will advise you with details of the venue once the numbers are confirmed.

Date - Saturday 17th February 2018
Time - 11.00am for coffee followed by lunch
Location -Not quite City (walking distance from station though)
RSVP - Friday 9th February 2018

Also, because the Mystery Book Swap was successful, we thought it might be fun to do it again.

Mystery Book Swap

1. Bring along one book to the venue to give away – preferably a new book or a book in excellent condition.

2. Wrap the book in whatever paper you have at home.

3. Place a tag on the wrapping with the description of the genre.

4. Each participant's name will be placed in a hat, and when your name is drawn, you can select a mystery book from the pile.

Join us for a great few hours chatting books (among other things!)

Definites

Marianne
Brenda
Phrynne
Julie
Veronica
Clarissa
Trish
Elizabeth
Leonie
Anna
Sharon
Kat
DM (Donna)
Steve
Carolyn
Megan

message 2: by Marianne (last edited Feb 08, 2018 05:28PM) (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments For those who would like to bring books to swap, this is for the linked names of each person's list!

Marianne
Brenda
Veronica
Sharon

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Maddox (sarahmaddox) | 42 comments I'm in, pending logistics of date and place. we had such a great meetup last time. I'm in the middle of the book I gained from that occasion - a historical romance about the perfume industry. I'm mobile at the moment and don't have the book details but so far it's a very rewarding read.
Cheers
Sarah

message 5: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68725 comments Mod
I think most of us will be "maybe"s until a date is determined :) But I'll be there all being well, as Sarah says!

message 6: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments You and I have been to every single one, Brenda!

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha that we have Marianne 😆

Veronica ⭐️ | 2242 comments Well I'll have to be a maybe, pending date. Are you planning on having it this year?

message 9: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11101 comments Mod
I will be there assuming the date is okay.

message 10: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3116 comments I'm also a 'maybe' 😊

message 11: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Veronica ⭐️ wrote: "Well I'll have to be a maybe, pending date. Are you planning on having it this year?"

No we've had our last for this year Veronica :) It'll be around February I think...

message 12: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2242 comments Brenda wrote: "Veronica ⭐️ wrote: "Well I'll have to be a maybe, pending date. Are you planning on having it this year?"

No we've had our last for this year Veronica :) It'll be around February I think..."

Ok thanks. That's good.

message 13: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments LOL, lots of "maybes" already. You will notice that I am a 'definite" coz I'm hardly going to organise it for a date I can't come, now am I!!

message 14: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

LOL! You would hope not Marianne ;)

message 15: by Trish L (new)

Trish L | 114 comments I would love to come along, so please put me on the maybe list until you have firmed up date and venue.

message 16: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Hi all, please mark me down as a maybe, until the details are confirmed :)

message 17: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Brenda wrote: "Veronica ⭐️ wrote: "Well I'll have to be a maybe, pending date. Are you planning on having it this year?"

No we've had our last for this year Veronica :) It'll be around February I think..."

February should be ok for me, depending on the date, though I'll be around 7.5 - 8 months pregnant, so I might be a little awkward.... and a lot Fat!!! lol

message 18: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

LOL!! You're allow at that far along Michelle ;)

message 19: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2242 comments MichelleG wrote: " February should be ok for me, depending on the date, though I'll be around 7.5 - 8 months pregnant, so I might be a little awkward.... and a lot Fat!!! lol "

Huge congrats Michelle. That’s very exciting! Hope you can make it.

message 20: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Thanks ladies, I’d really love to come, I missed the last 2. :(

The first one my mother in law had just passed away and the second with morning sickness.

message 21: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Third time lucky :)

message 22: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Yay! I like that :)

message 23: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3105 comments I hope to be able to come! I hate missing them! Fingers crossed. I have annual leave over Christmas and most of Jan, so as soon as we get the date I will let you know.

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Robards (sharonrobards) | 944 comments Yes, I'm hopeful depending on date and stuff.

message 25: by Kat (new)

Kat (katcolmer) | 7 comments Hi all, if this get together is in Sydney, I’d very much like to come if it’s on a day I don’t work :)

message 26: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Yes it will be Sydney, Kat and it will more than likely be a Saturday 😊

message 27: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments Kat wrote: "Hi all, if this get together is in Sydney, I’d very much like to come if it’s on a day I don’t work :)"

I'll put you down as a maybe.

message 28: by Anna (new)

Anna | 477 comments yes i am in!!!!!!

message 29: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Jan 01, 2018 07:44PM) (new)

Excellent Anna :) Will be great to see you again!

message 30: by Odette (new)

Odette (odman) | 908 comments Has a date been decided on for the next get together in Sydney. Just thought about it as I am in Sydney this week doing some grandchild minding. Get together may work in with next visit.

message 31: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

I think it is about to be announced Odette any day now:)

message 32: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Good we have a date confirmed 😊 I'll be there Marianne and I'll be back with a list of books to rehome 📚 😊

message 34: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments Brenda, may I bags The Secrets at Ocean's Edge ? 😆

message 35: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Oh no ... I have an antenatal class that day, so I won't be able to attend :'(

message 36: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Marianne wrote: "Brenda, may I bags The Secrets at Ocean's Edge ? 😆"

Yours Marianne :)

message 37: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

MichelleG wrote: "Oh no ... I have an antenatal class that day, so I won't be able to attend :'("

Oh that's rotten luck Michelle :( Would you be able to come for a little while? Never mind if you can't :)

message 38: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Brenda wrote: "MichelleG wrote: "Oh no ... I have an antenatal class that day, so I won't be able to attend :'("

Oh that's rotten luck Michelle :( Would you be able to come for a little while? Never mind if you ..."

Unfortunately no, the class is from 9am to 4pm, and we’ve already paid the $280 fee :(

message 39: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments MichelleG wrote: "Brenda wrote: "MichelleG wrote: "Oh no ... I have an antenatal class that day, so I won't be able to attend :'("

Oh that's rotten luck Michelle :( Would you be able to come for a little while? Nev..."

Maybe next time, Michelle :(

message 40: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Could I have Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter please Brenda?

message 41: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

MichelleG wrote: "Brenda wrote: "MichelleG wrote: "Oh no ... I have an antenatal class that day, so I won't be able to attend :'("

Oh that's rotten luck Michelle :( Would you be able to come for a little while? Nev..."

Wow! That's a huge day for you! Hopefully next time will suit Michelle :)

message 42: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Phrynne wrote: "Could I have Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter please Brenda?"

Of course :)

message 43: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

I will be there:)

message 44: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8056 comments Phrynne wrote: "Could I have Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter please Brenda?"

I take it that means you are a definite, Phrynne ;)

message 45: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Marianne - could I please have The Quality of Silence?

message 46: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 576 comments Awww... my f2f bookclub is on same time :(

Enjoy!

message 47: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Phrynne wrote: "Marianne - could I please have The Quality of Silence?"

I absolutely loved that one Phrynne!

message 48: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Tien wrote: "Awww... my f2f bookclub is on same time :(

Enjoy!"

Hopefully next time for you too Tien!

message 49: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Marianne wrote: "Phrynne wrote: "Could I have Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter please Brenda?"

I take it that means you are a definite, Phrynne ;)"

Well as long as I don't fall under a bus on the way .........

message 50: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Shhhhhhh! Don't say that!

« previous 1 3 4 5