CanadianContent discussion

Archives 2017 > October/November: Giller Short-list Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ❀ Susan (new)

❀ Susan G (susanayearofbooksblogcom) | 4279 comments Mod
A place to discuss challenges to read the Giller Short-List.

message 2: by Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (last edited Oct 05, 2017 06:50AM) (new)

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) | 2056 comments I'm nearly done with Son of a Trickster and I'm loving it! I managed to get I Am a Truck from the library almost immediately after the short list announcement so I'll be starting that one next.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael | 20 comments I am about 3/4 of the way through "Minds of Water" by Ed O'Loughlin. One of the best novels I have read in some time. It's an epic work and very compelling. Will definitely be putting O'Loughlin on my must read authors list.

message 4: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1585 comments Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ wrote: "I'm nearly done with Son of a Trickster and I'm loving it! I managed to get I Am a Truck from the library almost immediately after the short list announcement so I'l..."

I originally wanted to read Son of a Trickster but after listening to one of her interviews about the book I decided against it. You've given me hope that maybe I will like it after all so I'll give it a go. Transit just became available at my library so I'll start with that one though.