Nature Literature discussion

Book of the Month > November 2017 suggestions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 657 comments Mod
Hello everyone,

I'm taking suggestions for the November Book of the Month from now until Sunday night (Oct. 8) when the poll will go up.

Please list your nomination here and try to include a link to the book if you can. As a reminder, here is a link to the list of books we've already read: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

Thanks,
Becky

message 2: by Sher (new)

Sher (sheranne) | 937 comments Mod
The Farm in the Green Mountains

I am nominating the above book, which is available as a Kindle edition, paperback, but not audible.

I nominated this book as an exploration of place, nature and its ability to transform the landscapes of our minds and time. Seems like it would engender some lively and interesting discussion for the times and places we live in now.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 657 comments Mod
Andrea Stephenson emailed me the following - I'm posting it here so that I don't forget to include it in the poll.

Thank you, I look forward to reading the discussions! My suggestion is Rob Cowen's Common Ground. Common Ground

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Barmakian (jamiebarmakian) I love The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn because nature is symbolized to be calm and good, and society is chaotic.