Our Shared Shelf discussion

SEP/OCT - Hunger by R. Gay > Roxanne Gay's "Difficult Women"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorig (new)

Lorig (lorigm) | 14 comments I just started this yesterday - just finished the Difficult Women chapter.

message 2: by Lorig (last edited Nov 02, 2017 12:39PM) (new)

Lorig (lorigm) | 14 comments Emma wrote: "Lorig wrote: "I just started this yesterday - just finished the Difficult Women chapter."

What do you think so far?"

I really like it so far! 'I Will Follow You' was very sad and made me cry. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the stories and picking my favorites.
I just completed Bad Feminist a few days ago which I really liked.

message 3: by Ross (new)

Ross | 1444 comments As long as being male is easier than being female all women should be difficult and fair minded men should also.

message 4: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Ortiz | 8 comments I really enjoy Roxane Gay's writing. Her many representations of female sexuality, portrayed as it is, not coy, not delicate but full of passion, want, and even emotions and topics we would rather not face or want to associate with sex like grief and abuse. I like these short stories because female identity and sexuality is looked at complexly through beautiful and realistic narratives. I even keep thinking back to particular stories and wanting to share them with fellow readers. I hope more OSS reader's get their hands on this book.