The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter  (The Riyria Chronicles, #4)
Michael J. Sullivan > DoWD: Kickstarter

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
FYI, the Kickstarter for the new Riyria book starts tomorrow. I was going to skip it, but apparently they worked something out to have the audio book as an option! And you get it 6 months earlier. I'm so excited now.

http://riyria.blogspot.com/2017/10/ki...

Bill | 1596 comments Kind of disappointed that I can’t get the audiobook with any kind of physical copy.

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill wrote: "Kind of disappointed that I can’t get the audiobook with any kind of physical copy."

If you want both a physical book AND an audio version, choose the appropriate paper level, and then add $10 to your pledge. You can then "assign" that $10 to an audiobook edition after the Kickstarter has ended.

Bill | 1596 comments Ah thanks. I apparently skipped right over that part.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill wrote: "Ah thanks. I apparently skipped right over that part."

:-P

message 6: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

FYI, the Kickstarter quotes $15 instead of $10. So maybe there was a typo on Mr. Sullivan's website?

If you also want a physical copy, no problem. Just pick the physical reward and then add $15 to your pledge.

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1175 comments The email I got says $10

message 8: by Sky (new) - added it

Sky | 1291 comments My email said $10 too, so I added $10. The audio-only pledge is $15 ($12 for the early bird) so I thought he was giving us a discount if buying both. I guess there is plenty of time to modify the pledge amount and Mr. Sullivan will undoubtedly send another email clearing this up :)

message 9: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I emailed him to get clarification, but haven't heard back.

message 10: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sounds like $10 was correct:

Sorry, there was a typo on the project that has been fixed. Here's the deal.

We are offering the audiobook "add-on" at a $5 discount for people have physical copies of the book. The line about "Just pick the physical reward and then add $15 to your pledge." Was wrong, and has been corrected.

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) I have pledged the Early Bird Audio version (as i have all the others in Audio Only). I might not get round to listening to it straight away, but it feels nice that i am supporting the author direct.

message 12: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I couldnt login to my Kickstarter account from work, so I by the time I got home the early bird stuff was gone. I just got the regular audio, but I'm debating getting a hardcover to go with the last one.

But I also own them all in audio and I never opened the last hardcover I got so it'd just be to put it on a shelf and not to read..

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) I was lucky and it was open at the end of the working day (i like in the UK). I like to collect hardback versions of some of the books i really liked - but i don't have any for this series - so i do not feel i am missing out by not getting a physical copy (plus postage would be horrendous).
A lot of my hardbacks have not been read as i would have either listened to them, or read an eBook version. I wanted the books for my own person library. :)

Hope the kickstarter gets funded ($11k from target at the moment).

message 14: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh, it'll get funded easily I think. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't already.

I forgot how long the last one took to fund, but it was well before the deadline IIRC.

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) Oh yes, it got funded - with plenty of days left.

message 16: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yup. Now to wait until December.