DiverseCity discussion

TSIYH Discussion > Chapters 11-15

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arianna (new)

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
Post your spoilery thoughts about Chapters 11-15 of TSIYH!

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
Alex is the one I am more suspicious of over Darby. Alex doesn't call Makani to be careful about Ollie, she makes Darby do it. I wonder... Maybe Alex doesn't want Makani to get close to Ollie because if Makani is close to Ollie she may overhear things about the killings. If she hears things about the killings and she is close to Alex and Alex is the killer then Makani will guess because she is close to Alex. If that makes sense...

We now know the killer is too small to be a football player. They are small so possible a skinny girl. I'm guessing Alex at this moment in time. They also like video games... It was so weird when they sat on the floor and played on Rodrigo's zombie slaying video game. This is a goth kind of game so again could be linked to Alex.

The only thing that makes me doubt Alex is that she had a crush on Rodrigo so why would she kill him...

message 3: by Nicole (last edited Oct 10, 2017 08:31AM) (new)

Okay so if David is the killer I am kind of disappointed at the moment. For a few pages I thought it was Grandma Young! 😂 But the best friend of Rodrigo?... if it is him I'll be interested to see why he killed those certain people. Maybe he killed Rodrigo to make sure no one suspected him. I am also interested to see if he tries to kill anyone else now that he has been seen.

message 4: by Nicole (last edited Oct 10, 2017 08:31AM) (new)

Also it was absolutely hilarious that Ollie was naked throughout this scene! Although a little disappointing because it did take away from the fear factor. I feel like this was intentional but I would have preferred him to have clothes on so I could be completely submerged in what the killer was doing. Weird how someone who is very shy at the start of the book, so easily gets naked in front of a girl. On the other hand it keeps it realistic. He would have been naked whilst having sex with Makani and if I was to hear someone screaming down in my living room, I would not dress first to help them. I would run straight to them.

I am also desperate for Makani to tell Ollie, and us, the terrible thing she did that meant she had to move away from Hawaii...

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria Lopez | 85 comments Mod
So I laughed when the killer started playing the video game... I was just like.. wtf??? Lolol. Anyway I really liked the scene where everything was happening. My palms were sweating when the drawers kept opening. Perkins did a really good job with that scene.
At first I thought the killer was Makani bc of the hoodie. I don't think David did all of the killings.. like it's too early in the book to have solved the mystery.
I can't wait for Makani to say what she did!

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria Lopez | 85 comments Mod
Also I CAN'T BELIEVE GRANDMA YOUNG GOT STABBED

message 7: by Nicole (new)

It was weird right. Haha I guess that was a small indication as to who the killer was but I hate that we didn't get many clues. They briefly spoke to David in class when he asked who they thought it was and he played the video game but that's it. I wanted to go "OH YEAH!" when we found out who he was. I wanted to piece together all the thing I had initially overlooked. But I wasn't able to do that which was a little disappointing.

She did do a good job to create suspense I agree.

AND I KNOW! She is hardcore! Haha!