Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Dangerous Ground Kindle Edition Merge Request

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Hi,

There are two disconnected editions of "Dangerous Ground" by Gayla K. Hiss Kindle edition. I'm not sure why there are two editions, or which one I had originally put up.

Would one of the librarians mind merging them?

This is the one with the ASIN (but it has no reviews and is not linked to the series): https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Here is the one with reviews and linked to the series: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thanks so much,

Nikki

message 2: by Lieke (last edited Oct 04, 2017 02:03PM) (new)

Lieke | 3485 comments I combined the two kindle editions and the edition without Asin will be deleted. When this has happened I will combine the kindle with the paperback.

The edition with Asin has been added by a bot, when you add a book before you know the Asin/isbn it is best to try and add the number as soon as you know them to prevent addition of duplicates by bots.

message 3: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Lieke wrote: "I combined the two kindle editions and the edition without Asin will be deleted. When this has happened I will combine the kindle with the paperback.

The edition with Asin has been added by a bot,..."

Thank you, Lieke. I will communicate that to my authors next time I add books so the ASIN/ISBNs getting added ASAP.

Would you recommend just waiting to add them to Goodreads period until I have all the information? (I am the publicist/technical assistant for the publisher.)

message 4: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Lieke,

Thanks so much for cleaning that up for us!

May I make another request? Would you be able to link both books as just different editions of the same book? They are not reflecting that they are connected...

message 5: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11243 comments Combined the paperback and kindle edition

message 6: by September (new)

September (thedoomeddiva) | 35 comments Thank you!

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 3485 comments Thanks Renske, I has forgotten this was on my to do list.