The World of Music discussion

Music > Former Amazon Posters

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Music Lover (new)

Music Lover | 10 comments Setting up this thread to reconnect with any of my former Amazon contacts/posters in the classic rock or metal forum. Drop me a line to say hi

message 2: by Alexmontrose (last edited Oct 04, 2017 05:44PM) (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Hey Bud......former Amazon poster reporting for duty ;-)

message 3: by Music Lover (new)

Music Lover | 10 comments Alex. How's it going? Long time no talk 😎

message 4: by Alexmontrose (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Yeah ML .........we need some no votes so we can feel right at home.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm on.

message 6: by Alexmontrose (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments There's the Boyle ;) That is you....right ;) ? Anyway.....talking with curry and Music Lover about the shuffle game...where it's going next, etc. Looking at some forums. The "Rate your music" forum is unofficially in the lead. Stay in touch...so you'll know. Probably going to happen pretty quickly, after we round up everyone.

message 7: by Steve (last edited Oct 06, 2017 05:18AM) (new)

Steve Mullett (thoughtclaw) | 1 comments I'm here too! (P.S. I'm Thoughtclaw.)

message 8: by Alexmontrose (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Great, great TClaw ; )...now all we need is Rand.

Phoenix~They/Them Hey(Just randomly dropping in. What exactly is this thread about, Im curious)

message 10: by Alexmontrose (last edited Oct 06, 2017 07:31AM) (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Hey Sylveon,

The curry guy I mentioned above, it was his game, he ran it on Amazon. It was on the Amazon forums...but they just recently (today actually) shut down the forums, where we were for many years talking music, etc. Some of us played in this game too..and we loved it too much to let Amazon stop it. Soooo...

What it was...you take the songs on your computer, phone , etc and shuffle them. Whatever random ten songs come up, that's *your* list. Each person does a shuffle/list and we all do short reviews of each list, each song until we finish everyone's lists. And then we continue...doing new, fresh shuffles.

Take a look at it..and you'll see exactly what we did :

https://www.amazon.com/forum/classic%...

And then you're welcome to join after we start up again ;)

message 11: by Exile (new)

Exile | 4 comments LOL, just popping in to say hello! I'll check in every once in awhile to see what's going on.

Amazon just threw us out in the cold, didn't they?

message 12: by Exile (new)

Exile | 4 comments Crap, this is Exile...WTF happened to my name? LOL

message 13: by Exile (new)

Exile | 4 comments Ok, better!

message 14: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 2 comments I'm here as well! I'm also on the Z-Man website as well. Quite a few folks over there.

message 15: by Music Lover (new)

Music Lover | 10 comments Hey guys. Glad you came over

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been seeing Amazon refugees pop up all over the place. It's impressive how many people were still using those boards considering how deeply Amazon had buried them during the past two years or so.

message 17: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 2 comments So now that we are here... What are we going to do?

message 18: by Alexmontrose (last edited Oct 07, 2017 06:55PM) (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Hey Exile and DEW :-) Too cool. Is this like six degrees of separation...or something like that ? We've all been "together" too long to let a Mom and Pop store like Amazon screw it up.

Originally this site looked good to continue things...but after some searching it looks like we're gonna go to the rateyourmusic site/forum and continue the Shuffle game. But don't let the game aspect scare you...we talk in there too, review all kinds of great music (and some not so great..lol) from our collections. Something like 2400 posts and we couldn't wait to get it going again.

So curry said it should be ready tomorrow I think. Rogers always stops by even though he wasn't playing. But you guys are welcome to play of course or just come in and talk. Check in here the next day or two and I'll post a direct link ! Great to see ya's ;-)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

The shuffle game is up now. Voting won't begin until Thursday (want to make sure any potentially interested parties have time to see it before we start), but you can go ahead and get your lists ready.

message 20: by Alexmontrose (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Sounds great curry. Same title?...in the game part of the site I assume ?

I found Rand on FB...wrote him in FB messenger. So hopefully he sees that.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, same title in the game forum.

message 22: by Alexmontrose (last edited Oct 09, 2017 07:47AM) (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Direct link to the former Amazon and now Rateyourmusic.com Shuffle game/thread.

https://rateyourmusic.com/board_messa...

message 23: by Music Lover (new)

Music Lover | 10 comments I signed up but it says I have to wait 24 hours to post.

Alex-I was going to post my last list-can you post it for me and then tomorrow I can start commenting over there:

Hiding Out-Spock's Beard
Born To Raise Hell-Motorhead
Tupelo-Jason Isbell
Save Me-Black Country Communion
Operator(That's Not The Way It Feels)-Jim Croce
Pushed To The Limit-UFO
Hard To Say-Dan Fogelberg
Beneah The Mire-Opeth
Rusty Cage-Soundgarden
What It Is Kid-ZZ Top

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

@Music Lover

Don't worry about it. We don't start ranking until Thursday, so just post your list when you can get there. Since your list got cut off in the chaos of the forums ending, I can move you to the top if you'd like.

message 25: by Music Lover (new)

Music Lover | 10 comments Thanks, curry. You're the best

message 26: by Alexmontrose (last edited Oct 09, 2017 06:11PM) (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments ML...I couldn't post for 24 hours either..I just got mine up a few minutes ago. Don't worry...you'll probably be 15th in line ;)

I don't remember if we did my 23rd shuffle. I'm pretty sure we did....just tell me one of the songs and then I'll know ;)

Where the F is Rand ???

message 27: by Music Lover (new)

Music Lover | 10 comments Lol. I thought we did your 23rd. Thought I recall you having a PT song in there but I'm drawing a blank.
No luck finding Rand in my end either.

message 28: by Alexmontrose (last edited Oct 09, 2017 06:41PM) (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Curry said he was able to get the whole Shuffle thread....so I was hoping he would know. I'm sure we did it....although I'm blanking on the songs too.

Ohhh wait a minute....Jesus Christ Superstar/Overture ;) That was my 23rd.....right curry ? That was a good shuffle...I remember now the first 8 songs I gave a B or better. Don't think I've done that before...

message 29: by Music Lover (new)

Music Lover | 10 comments Yeah that's right. You had a good run there, except for Madonna:(

message 30: by Alexmontrose (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Rogers might have a breakdown if he saw that....which is pretty sad...lol.

message 31: by Exile (new)

Exile | 4 comments Look guys, new Amazon discussion forums

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/di...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

@Alexmontrose

Yes, that was the one. In fact, your shuffle was the last one we finished before the game died. We then stopped in the middle of Music Lover's list, and Rand's list was going to close to round after that.

message 33: by Alexmontrose (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments Re : Look guys, new Amazon discussion forums

I commented in that "forum". Too funny.

message 34: by Alexmontrose (last edited Oct 10, 2017 08:21PM) (new)

Alexmontrose | 13 comments What is this "Builder" stuff in the RYM Polls/Games/Surveys forum ? Geeezuz...that word shows up like mosquitoes over there.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

As far as I can tell, the builder games are similar to the "New Method" games we did on the old Amazon board, but more open ended. Instead of going album by album and voting until songs get to 25, you just vote for whatever three albums/songs you want each day, and those songs/albums "advance" once they get ten votes. At any rate, there are so many of builders on the board that there's a sticky topic on how to hide them.