Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Buddy Read Trackers > Siobhan's BR Tracker

Comments Showing 1-50 of 705 (705 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Siobhan (last edited Apr 02, 2022 11:19PM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Upcoming

April 2022
1st - Way of the Argosi
22nd - She Who Became the Sun

May 2022

June 2022
1st - Shaman's Crossing

July 2022
1st - Forest Mage

August 2022
1st - Renegade's Magic

message 2: by Siobhan (last edited Jan 13, 2020 01:16PM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Past - Year 1
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Siobhan (last edited Jan 13, 2020 01:16PM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Past - Year 2
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments Hope you enjoy the series as much as I have I still need to read his other series maybe we can get a few people to read his other books in the future 😂😂😂

message 5: by Siobhan (last edited Apr 02, 2022 11:20PM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Past - Year 3 (view spoiler)

Past - Year 4 (view spoiler)

Past - Year 5

January 2022
3rd - Winterkeep (4*)

February 2022
1st - Cytonic (CR)

March 2022
1st - The Wisdom of Crowds (CR)

message 6: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Hey...just stopped by like I said. Great selection. I'm in the Abercrombie read with you and in BoTF 1 in Jan.
All the best with all your other reads!
How was Caraval?

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Thanks Zaara! Looking forward to the Blade Itself.
I think we're both equally uncommitted to the full Malazan schedule aren't we haha 😂

What you were saying before about having too many buddy reads, I thought mine were all fine, but then I realised that every time I start a buddy read for book 1, I need space to schedule the rest of the books (ideally). It's really gonna get out of hand quite easily!

Caraval was cool, the setting was really magical and the story was intriguing, but some of the characters were super annoying!

message 8: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Siobhan wrote: "I think we're both equally uncommitted to the full Malazan schedule aren't we haha 😂 "
I went and bought all of The Book of The Fallen...all of it cuz i was just that revved abt the series.
I'm just saying. Then i realised from what @Iain said to me that there's like a fu!kzillion more books in the mythos and apparently they're all intertwined and all interspaced and...yeah...the head spins!

I'm right now WANTING to at least read all the Fallen books with the group but the danger is that the people who read the full schedule will post spoilers from on there on the BoTFallen threads, theres no real way to prevent that from happening/prevent yourself from being spoiled UNLESS you read everything together with everyone....

Unfortunately, I cant read as fast as everyone here...and looking at how my first BR went i'm gonna be left spinning in the wind anyway so...show up for Book 1 and have a great time with everyone, yeah? Thats d plan, gal. That's all we can know for sure.

I'm applying this to all the series reads...

Siobhan wrote: "What you were saying before about having too many buddy reads, I thought mine were all fine, but then I realised that every time I start a buddy read for book 1, I need space to schedule the rest of the books (ideally). It's really gonna get out of hand quite easily!"

Yes it can get out of hand, and you were wise not to overcommit yourself. Unfortunately, I didnt have the foresight (that i would need) to schedule ALL the books in the series. I didnt even read that far down the Master Sked. Luckily theres so many ppl on each thread that nobody will notice if i drop out after the first book.

Also, I'm really really commitment phobic + i have these phases where i like to just f.o. and go do my own thing...I will be all intense on GR for a period of say, three months and then I will hate it and not log on for three years.

Now i have a reading sked that stretches halfway thru into the new year... i will read the ones I've committed to, of course, but I don't want to be reading ONLY fantasy for the rest of forever, right?

message 9: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Also...whoop for you trying the lies of locke lamora....i loved that book and will drop in on the thread to join the discussion...cuz Ahdam asked me to come...

message 10: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments I'm not normally the fastest of readers either, I go through phases. I think reading with a group makes me read quicker though because I feel the need to try and keep up.
Yeah I downloaded all the Book of the Fallen on my kindle, but not the other f!kzillion haha.
Yep all I know is that I'll show up for book one, although I am already double booked for that date!

What was your first buddy read that you were left behind for?

It is a bit mad having reading schedule that far, I've never planned my reading before so it's new to me! I feel like it's making the months fly over faster!
I love fantasy but like to read lots of other genres too. If I do any buddy reads for other genres I'm still gonna track them on here though, just to keep it all together.

message 11: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Zaara wrote: "Also...whoop for you trying the lies of locke lamora....i loved that book and will drop in on the thread to join the discussion...cuz Ahdam asked me to come..."

Ooh great :) I'm excited for that one!

message 12: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Me too...i LOVE that we get a personal thread. I will keep all the buddy reads here and all of the challenges on my personal thread over at SFRC.
My first buddy read here is Malice by John Gwynne. I had a fantastic group to read with but found the book too slow and the writing too clunky, honestly i was having more fun talking to the ppl than reading the book and after a while, it showed.
The rest of the ppl were having all these technicolour megafeels and kept racing ahead while i was all meh...and, like you say, for a while i felt this pressure to keep up but then...i was majorly buzzkilled and everything just went pfffffft.
I still will finish the book though since it counts towards so many of my challenges + my brother went and bought me the whole series. Oh i will prolly read the entire series cuz I'm effin stubborn like that. Eventually. By myself or the next time a company forms up.
The "planning" is new to me too. It makes me queasy, not always in a bad way but then i think o f!!!in' have to be here till the end of 2018 at least...and me...Siobhan, I don't even LIVE in the same place more than two years in a row. But what the heck, we must all test our comfort zones right? Good for the character, I'm told ;-)
So I'm telling myself FBR will be my test...checking in to the same place (thanks be that its a virtual place) for twelve consecutive months...
I'll say gnite now, Siobhan. Its getting on for 2AM here. It was really good chatting with you. I'm glad we hijacked Martin's stat update. I met someone new and really nice. I recall chatting with you once before tho' elsewhere.

message 13: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments I'm stubborn too, I see people abandon series at 9/10 books and I always think I would have just read the last one haven gotten so far! But that's just me.
I like the sound of Malice, another one on my TBR list.
Haha I hope you can manage to stick around :)
It's 5pm in the UK, where you at? Good night! X

message 14: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4273 comments Melbourne...I'm visiting my brother for a bit...okay, a longish bit cuz we practically haven't seen each other for ten thousand years and he+his wife keep nagging me to come and stay...

message 15: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Ahh cool!

Go to bed!! 😂

message 16: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Do we have a thread yet for The Girl of Ink and Stars?

message 17: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments I didn't bother requesting one coz no one else wanted to join. Figured we could just talk about it anyway. Do you think a thread would be better? It's aimed at a lot younger readers which is probably why it's not on anyone else's list! :)

message 18: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Yeah sure, we can just text. It's nice and short so it shouldn't take us long.

message 19: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Charlie wrote: "Yeah sure, we can just text. It's nice and short so it shouldn't take us long."

That's what I figured. Left us 4 days between that and Well of Ascension thinking that should be plenty xD

message 20: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Siobhan wrote: "Charlie wrote: "Yeah sure, we can just text. It's nice and short so it shouldn't take us long."

That's what I figured. Left us 4 days between that and Well of Ascension thinking that should be ple..."

Four days should be enough for such a short read.

message 21: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Charlie wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Charlie wrote: "Yeah sure, we can just text. It's nice and short so it shouldn't take us long."

That's what I figured. Left us 4 days between that and Well of Ascension thinking th..."

Defo! You'll probably chuck some urban fantasy in the middle you'll be so fast ;)

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 494 comments Looks like we are going to be BR buddies for a number of reads over the next few months!

message 23: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Sarah wrote: "Looks like we are going to be BR buddies for a number of reads over the next few months!"

Yep! It's a good job I like you :p

message 24: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Haha, honestly, love talking books with you. And many other peeps here :)

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 494 comments Siobhan wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Looks like we are going to be BR buddies for a number of reads over the next few months!"

Yep! It's a good job I like you :p"

Siobhan wrote: "Haha, honestly, love talking books with you. And many other peeps here :)"

This is what I love about Goodreads :)

message 26: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Totally. It's the best!

message 27: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Sarah wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Looks like we are going to be BR buddies for a number of reads over the next few months!"

Siobhan wrote: "Haha, honestly, love ta..."

I don't think I would have read even half the books I have if not for GR and people recommending things to me. It really is an amazing community, I hope Amazon never decides to close it.

message 28: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Charlie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Looks like we are going to be BR buddies for a number of reads over the next few months!"

Siobhan wrote: "Haha, hon..."

Same!!

message 29: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments How have I ended up with another buddy read in November, oh dear! 🙈

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 494 comments Siobhan wrote: "How have I ended up with another buddy read in November, oh dear! 🙈"

Same, lol. I didn't learn from October and am equally over committed for November.
Fellow Goodreadsers (yep, that's totally a word now) keep convincing us that we can bend the laws of time and read all of the things.

message 31: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments You CAN read all the things... We never said you'd finish them all...

message 32: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Hahaha that's true Iain! No-one ever promised me I'd finish them xD

Sarah, we CAN do it!! I believe!

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments It's very simple: we need clones. One clone to do the household, one to go to work... And we ( the originals) can read and read non stop. Oh, the ideal world! ;)

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 494 comments Iain wrote: "You CAN read all the things... We never said you'd finish them all..."

That is true, lol

Siobhan wrote: "Hahaha that's true Iain! No-one ever promised me I'd finish them xD

Sarah, we CAN do it!! I believe!"

If I didn't have to work....and sleep....

Saar wrote: "It's very simple: we need clones. One clone to do the household, one to go to work... And we ( the originals) can read and read non stop. Oh, the ideal world! ;)"

Yep, that's definitely what we need!

message 35: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments Read while cleaning... read while working........ read while SLEEPING... Problem solved.

message 36: by Sarah (last edited Nov 03, 2017 12:42PM) (new)

Sarah | 494 comments Iain wrote: "Read while cleaning... read while working........ read while SLEEPING... Problem solved."

I do listen to audiobooks at work sometimes.
But SHHH, don't tell anyone that :)

Right now I'm reading The Blade Itself, but listening to The Night Circus.

message 37: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments I am not blessed with your multitasking skills Iain!!! :'(

Saar, you are so right, clones to do the boring stuff would be amazing haha!

Saar The Book owl | 2012 comments I have briljant ideas, mwhahaha!

Fortunately, I can read at work , when it's quiet ;)

message 39: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Ah I'm jealous! Wish I could read at work, but unfortunately I'm always crazy busy!

message 40: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments You just need to Tom Sawyer it... convince other people to do your work for you and thank you for the opportunity...

I can listen to audiobooks at work as well... opportunities to do so fluctuate... I drive a forklift to drop pallets of product to stock, and guidelines for earbuds vary depending on accidents in other stores... it's more an issue of people blaring music than me and my quiet audiobooks, tho...

message 41: by Siobhan (last edited Nov 04, 2017 02:06AM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Ha! Yes that's what I need to do. Surely I can find someone to do my work...
Nah I work in a busy office buying pharmaceuticals, so constantly speaking to suppliers and in and out of meetings. I get quite a bit of time on an evening though because my partner is quite happy to play on the Playstation and let me read! XD

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments That's a great list for October Siobhan. I wanted to join you for the Girl of Ink and Stars but couldn't get the book. :(
And I may bail from Thief's Magic if my library copy doesn't arrive in time. Fingers crossed it will though.
We still have some BRs together though. :D

message 43: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Aw I hope you get Thief's Magic in time! If I had the ebook I would have sent it to you.

message 44: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Just noticed my Past Buddy Reads said September 2018 and October 2018. I've been looking at it for weeks and never noticed. Apparently I'm a time traveller...

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 494 comments Siobhan wrote: "Just noticed my Past Buddy Reads said September 2018 and October 2018. I've been looking at it for weeks and never noticed. Apparently I'm a time traveller..."

*gasp* You must share your secret, Siobhan!
What's it like in the future? ;)

message 46: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments There's Malazan everywhere!! 😱
Haha 😂

message 47: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments Sarah wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Just noticed my Past Buddy Reads said September 2018 and October 2018. I've been looking at it for weeks and never noticed. Apparently I'm a time traveller..."

*gasp* You must shar..."

In the next 12 months, we finally reach the future Back to the Future 2 promised back in the 80s... only 3 years late...

message 48: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3611 comments Now that I've finally done my own BR tracker, I can start looking in at what others are doing. :-)

You've got a nice list going. Are you planning to read the book for Illuminae in February? I'm not a huge consumer of audiobooks but the one for this book was awesome. It has a full audio cast and sound effects. I can't recommend it enough. But the book is very cool too with all it's graphics and its unique layout. I hope you enjoy it whatever format you choose.

message 49: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7737 comments Veronica wrote: "Now that I've finally done my own BR tracker, I can start looking in at what others are doing. :-)

You've got a nice list going. Are you planning to read the book for Illuminae in February? I'm no..."

Thanks for stopping by hun! :) I own the book, so I'll be reading it physical format. I'm really excited for that one! That sounds awesome for the audio though, may have to get that anyway!

message 50: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16621 comments The audiobook is really more of an audioplay... with a full cast of narrators, sound effects, the works..

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15