Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened Hyperbole and a Half discussion

picture this!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Haylee Feist Book Bingo Category: Picture This!
# of Pages: 371

Hyperbole and a Half is a wonderful graphic novel that I would definitely recommend for anyone who is looking for a good laugh. Allie Brosh uses her sense of reality and comedy to bring together a collection of stories from her life that will have you laughing out loud by page one. In Hyperbole and a Half, Brosh depicts her life as a child all the way up until early adulthood, and her struggles with depression brings a human perspective to the book. Brosh’s short stories are hilarious, relatable and very well portrayed.

I gave this book 5/5 stars because each chapter had me wanting to read more, and most books do not make me laugh out loud like this book did

**Note: this book contains lots of profanity**

message 2: by Delaney (last edited Oct 11, 2017 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Delaney I really liked the personal aspects of depression and how she deals with it. But also I loved her humor! Definitely my favorite chapter was involving the cake that her mom said she shouldn't eat. In general, the entire collection was great, I agree with you 5/5!!!

p.S. Which chapter was your favorite?