What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Time After Time
This topic is about Time After Time
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Reincarnation romance (a) the guy remembers all of his past lives while the girl does not, and (b) he murdered her in a past life. [s]

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by chinni (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments Hi.. I am searching for a REINCARNATION romance book i read few years back..

In this book the two main characters are reincarnated over and over until they finally get it right in the modern world.. I think they undergo reincarnation 12 times i cant remember properly..

I remember 2 things very clearly.. (a) the guy remembers all of his past lives while the girl does not, and (b) he murdered her in a past life. And can't get over it.

Story starts with their present reincarnation where the heroine gets engaged to some other guy and the hero tries to make her remember their past lives..

Thanks in advance..

message 3: by chinni (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments ☯ DαякєηRнαℓ ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜ wrote: "Possibly: Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum"

No it's definitely not that. But thanks for trying to help : )

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 864 comments You're welcome :) I'm sorry it wasn't it, and I can't think of anything else possibly fitting. Admittedly I don't have many reincarnation books either in my shelves or my want to read list. In fact I bought... or received? that book a few years ago, and have yet to read it, but I knew it was about reincarnation so that's why I said possibly. Good luck though and if I do come across something, I will be sure to suggest it!

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna | 509 comments Fallen by Lauren Kate?

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie Is it a short story? Sounds an awful lot like Lake of Dreams by Linda Howard. I have it as part of an anthology called Everlasting Love.

message 7: by chinni (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments Julie wrote: "Is it a short story? Sounds an awful lot like Lake of Dreams by Linda Howard. I have it as part of an anthology called Everlasting Love."

Anna wrote: "Fallen by Lauren Kate?"

I have read those 2 books.. But no it's neither of those 2 books.. Thanks for trying to help : )

message 8: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 13 comments Sounds like Soulmate by L.J. Smith. It's part of the Night World series.

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 864 comments I've read those books and trust me, its not it. You're talking about Hannah and Theorry's story. First they were teenagers, and also Theorry is a vampire. They never did say, to the best of my recollection, how many times they were reincarnated. In fact Theorry is never reincarnated, as a turned vampire he remains the same, living on while only Hannah dies and is reborn. She was also never engaged at the beginning of the story, and Theorry never truly killed her, Maya did, disguised as Theorry. Its why I didn't suggest it, because it simply does not match.

message 10: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 13 comments My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares??

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35181 comments Mod
My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares - Miranda's suggestion

message 12: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin | 1 comments Playing with Monsters by amelia hutchins?

message 13: by Kris (new)

Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins - Jasmin's suggestion

message 14: by chinni (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments Kris wrote: "My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares - Miranda's suggestion"

Kris wrote: "Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins - Jasmin's suggestion"

No it's neither of those books.. thanks for trying : )

message 15: by chinni (last edited Dec 31, 2017 01:40PM) (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments I remember the book's title having the word "time".. like "time after time" or "time and again" or "time and time again" or "time and time"... some thing like that

message 16: by chinni (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments And i also remember heroine's name is elizabeth.. not sure though

message 18: by Laina (new)

Laina SpareTime | 94 comments Is the "twist" like that she drowned and he couldn't save her and that's why he thinks he murdered her or did he actually like *stabby gesture*?

message 19: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 13 comments Evermore by Alyson Noel? I know the heroine isn't engaged when the book starts, but it sounds really similar to what you are describing.

message 20: by Kris (new)

Evermore by Alyson Noel - Miranda's suggestion

message 21: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Evermore click for Miranda's suggestion.

message 22: by Rowan (last edited Oct 13, 2017 09:23AM) (new)

Rowan | 85 comments Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick?

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary | 39 comments The Infernal by Kim Wilkins? It's got the past lives, and the heroine starts getting dreams of hers. She's not engaged, but her best friend is.

message 24: by chinni (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments Mary wrote: "The Infernal by Kim Wilkins? It's got the past lives, and the heroine starts getting dreams of hers. She's not engaged, but her best friend is."

Rowan wrote: "Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick?"

Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Evermore click for Miranda's suggestion."

Thanks for trying to help guys.. but it's not any of those books..

message 25: by Tina (last edited Oct 17, 2017 05:41AM) (new)

Tina | 128 comments It sounds like Lake of Dreams by Linda Howard.

Edit. Sorry didn't see the earlier suggestion for Lake of Dreams. But the 12 lifetimes thing is definitely in the Howard book.

message 27: by Nikki-pops (new)

Nikki-pops (nikkicolene) | 68 comments It sounds similar to Finding Laura by Kay Hooper, but the heroine wasn't engaged.

message 29: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1265 comments I thought this post looked familiar

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 30: by chinni (last edited Jan 04, 2018 01:38AM) (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments Hi.. Thank you all for trying to help. I finally found the book. The book i am searching for is Time After Time by Marilynn Byerly

SYNOPSIS: Alexa West thinks she's found a man who loves her, but another man, Justin Lord, woos her with an outlandish tale--they have loved and married for their last twelve reincarnations, and he will allow no other man to marry her in their thirteenth. Is Justin's story lunacy, a line, or a love that spans the ages?
Determined to win her by making her remember, dynamic Justin romances Alexa by restaging and retelling their past lives and their loves. But he doesn't tell her she has rivals for his love, and she is all twelve.
Hovering around the edge but unable to do much more than secretly nudge the hard-headed lovers in the right direction--toward each other, Alexa and Justin's guardian spirits Celeste and Walter work frantically to make certain these two soulmates come together, again.

message 31: by Kris (new)

Great! Glad you found your book, chinni. Thanks for the update.

message 32: by chinni (new) - added it

chinni (booklilly) | 14 comments You are welcome : )

message 33: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Dangerfield (plasticgangsta) | 8 comments I was going to say Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine. It is about a group of people reincarnated one was King John and the heroine was Maude de Braose whom he walled up to starve to death. Another man is Richard de Clare Duke of Gloucester who loved Maud truly and the last character is her husband from the past who was a bit of a beast. Great book though..........