ReadingRealm ReadAlong discussion

Carrie
This topic is about Carrie
Book of the month updates > October Book 1

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ish (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ish | 108 comments Mod
So for Octobers book of the month, I've picked Carrie by Stephen King. I love the films the old one and the new one but yet I still haven't read the book. Have you read Carrie if so what did you think? Join me in reading Carrie and post your thoughts and opinions as you read.

Sara (saharasbooknook) | 18 comments Carrie is actually the only Stephen King book I've ever read! It's pretty different from the films, and it was actually the first of his books to be published and the first to be adapted! It's a great book, and though it's been a while since I've read it, I think everyone will love it!

Jessie the Bibliophile ♥ (jessie21) | 2 comments My husband and I just started reading this, too, thanks to you! :D

message 4: by Ish (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ish | 108 comments Mod
I’ve just reached page 30 and wow I love Stephen Kings writing. This is seriously pulling me out of my reading slump

Sara (saharasbooknook) | 18 comments What do you guys think of Carrie's appearance? It's very different than the films! It was the first thing I noticed when I read this.

message 6: by Ish (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ish | 108 comments Mod
I noticed that too in the films she’s fairly attractive tall and slim whereas in the books she’s described as fat and spotty

Sara (saharasbooknook) | 18 comments Ish wrote: "I noticed that too in the films she’s fairly attractive tall and slim whereas in the books she’s described as fat and spotty"

I think it makes it more believable this way. In the films, I find it a little hard to believe that she would be that friendless and weird purely because her mother is a religious fanatic who didn't tell her about her period.

message 8: by Ish (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ish | 108 comments Mod
I agree making her less attractive makes it easier to believe that she would be more of an outcast and mean girls in high school would even more unaccepting of her. I like how the book is set out too with carries story and then they article/research about telekinesis and Carrie

message 9: by Ish (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ish | 108 comments Mod
I finished Carrie last night and I was really happy with how it ended. I gave it 4/5 stars. As a biologist, I really enjoyed the sections of the book that explains how Carries powers had been passed down through generations in the family due to a recessive gene, it gave so much more explanation as to why she has these powers than the films ever gave. After reading Carrie I can't wait to read more Stephen King!