Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > True Blood in Stores by September

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) True Blood the blood orange soda will be coming to stores in September just in time for the seasons final episode! That will sooooo be at my viewing party! lol

message 2: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) In stores or just in the HBO store? I thought I heard it was the former.

message 3: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Probably HBO and some novelty stores :)It's so funny, there must have been people asking for it enough for them to make it. Well I'll definitely be getting some.

message 4: by Cary (last edited Aug 29, 2009 07:38AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I am not sure if I like all the capitolism surrounding True Blood now. Most people in Dulsa Oklahoma have never even read the Sookie Stackhouse books. Only a few people even watch TrueBlood. One thing for sure Charlaine Harris is going to be as rich as Oprah!

message 5: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Have you read any of her other series? I've really gotten into the Harper Connelly series, so good. I hope Charlaine Harris gets all the success she deserves from this, it's cool to see authors get the big bucks. :) I don't find many people that watch the show or read the books either. I joined Goodreads for that reason, can't seem to find people in person that read anymore! I'm going to start hanging out at the library to make friends. :)

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) She also has 2 other series--the Shakespeare (its a town, NOT the bard) and the Aurora Teagarden series. Both are mysteries, with not pn elements at all. The Aurora ones are very much cozies, the Shakespeare more hardcore. In fact, there is a tiny, tiny, tiny cross-over from the Shakespeare to the Sookie-verse in the book where the Pelts have hired P.I.'s to try to find She-who-shall-not-be-named. (Sorry, she really WAS a bit##) The husband and wife P.I.s are from the Shakespeare books.

message 7: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I asked a clerk at a convenience store if they had TrueBlood. He was clueless. You will probably be able to get the soda pop in convienience stores in big citys by Christmas or hopefully next Spring.