Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

General Books Discussion > Book recommendations?!!!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oguzhan (new)

Oguzhan | 4 comments Hi everyone!!

Just liked to get some recommendations from you all about books I'd enjoy...

I like to read thriller, horror, fantasy, mystery, as a guideline for choosing!

Thanks in advance!!

message 2: by Mila (new)

Mila (kala39) | 131 comments The Path of Names is an amazing fantasy, but its set for a specific audience, though I'm not sure which. It has lots of elements about Jewish religion and paranormal stuff, its really amazing though

message 3: by Saad (new)

Saad | 3 comments Have you read Lockwood and Co.? It's a really good book.

message 4: by Oguzhan (new)

Oguzhan | 4 comments Mila wrote: "The Path of Names is an amazing fantasy, but its set for a specific audience, though I'm not sure which. It has lots of elements about Jewish religion and paranormal stuff, its really amazing though"

Cheers Mila I shall look into it!

message 5: by Oguzhan (new)

Oguzhan | 4 comments Saad wrote: "Have you read Lockwood and Co.? It's a really good book."

nope haven't come across this one before, thanks for the input!

message 6: by Mila (new)

Mila (kala39) | 131 comments 👍

message 7: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Cheshire | 2 comments Girls, guns, and of course some very good friends. Bradley Harrison is your everyday teenager and can’t ask for much more out of high school life. He spends his senior year looking forward to college, scoping out good-looking women, and blowing off steam at the local gun range.

However, a trip to the Big Apple is going to change his life forever. An alien species called the Armazoids, way ahead of our time lands in New York the night before and starts an invasion. Bradley has to guide a small group of people through an infected city.

But what happens when the girl he loves, her best friend, another pupil he hates plus the teacher he despises are kidnapped by the invaders. How does he get them back to Earth? Can he help prevent another invasion in the close future? You tell me!

Add if you wish

“A thoroughly enjoyable well thought out story. Kept me captivated from the start. Exciting action scenes and well formed characters draw you in.”

“Absolutely fantastic. Intelligently written. Buy this book. You won't be disappointed.”

Yours for 99p / $1.28 from my publisher Black Rose Writing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Day-Trip-Ste...

message 8: by Lilli Gilliam (new)

Lilli Gilliam I recommend these to anyone who ask for recs so here you go:
Percy Jackson
Masterminds
Warriors
The Distance to Home
Normally I would say Harry Potter, but I don't agree with what J.K. Rowling is saying, so I'm not going to support her

message 9: by Ayla (new)

Ayla Greenbriar-Carstairs (the_fandom_queen) I recommend these series to anyone right now, but be sure to clear your schedule!

-Keeper of the Lost Cities
-Percy Jackson
-Land of Stories
-The Hunger Games
-The Inheritance Cycle
-The Unwanteds

And I of course would normally say Harry Potter

(Just to name a few, as there are SO many more!)

message 10: by Wyatt (new)

Wyatt | 11 comments Misery by Stephen King is a very intense book, fairly easy to read. Gruesome though if that’s a problem.

message 11: by Alabaster (last edited Dec 14, 2020 06:57PM) (new)

Alabaster | 159 comments Hmmm... What age range are you looking for?
I read mostly 16-18, so much of this stuff is right on the line of YA and adult

Horror:
Firestarter (a bit of fantasy blend, as with much of King's work)
Gone (still has a good dollop of fantasy

Fantasy:
Kings of the Wyld (maybe leaning towards the older end here - probably in the 15-18 range)
The Way of Kings (It's a monster of a book, but probably the best worldbuilding/storyline I've seen in Y/A fantasy in a looong time. Slight content warning - one MC has some mental issues that surface throughout the book)

message 12: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Perez (celesteangelll) | 2 comments Hey yall, My friend's birthday is coming up and I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for new readers. It can be any genre.
She wants to start getting into reading, so maybe something that is easy to get into. She's 16 idk if that matters lol.
All recs are appreciated Thankyou :)

message 13: by Alabaster (last edited Jan 22, 2021 05:03PM) (new)

Alabaster | 159 comments Hey Celeste, I (and I think we ) would be happy to help! Just as something to think on, what general genre of books/ specific books does she like? a favorite movie could help too.

message 14: by Matty Bebopper (new)

Matty Bebopper Have you read the bookwanderers series by Anna James?