Initial post

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
Just testing to see if this site works

message 2: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
Hope someone finds this group again from mean dead aunt ammy site.....right now I am alone, with NO friends....but I have several books to keep me company

message 3: by Kathy (last edited Oct 05, 2017 10:11AM) (new)

Kathy | 5 comments Oops! I think I wrote my response on the wrong page. Same question, though, do you think others like Maine or Jacquie will know we’re here?

message 4: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
I think i may sent Maine a invite message...so spread the word. I have to master goodreads .D### Amazon for making me learn new site usage!

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments I rather like seeing the original post and the response. No more trying to figure who said what. I am getting the posts in a digest to my email so I don't even have to find this page. Over on Facebook the conversations are all so jumbled, it is like everyone talking in a room at once. Really hard to follow. Thanks for setting this up.

message 6: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
Kathy
I think once we get used to it, goodreads will be fun. I think that we can also post photos here.

message 7: by Maine Colonial (new)

Maine Colonial (mainecolonial) | 1 comments Hi you two! I finally made it.

This whole thing with Amazon is turning everything upside down. I was active in a couple of forums and people are just running around all over the place to find new places to get together. I think there are at least four places people from the Vine forum have gone, from Facebook to Goodreads to Reddit and even Craigslist (I didn't even know Craigslist had discussion groups).

I've been a Goodreads member for a long time, but it's hard to figure out how things work here. I decided a few weeks ago to really work on that. It gets better.

message 8: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
Yeah!!!!! Maine, Ginger and Kathy have arrived!0

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments Wooohooo!
I don’t remember who recommended it, but I checked out ROSE UNDER FIRE - or was is Mary? Anyway, I ended up returning it. I just could not get into it. When I find I don’t care about a character’s troubles, it is time to give up. Maybe another time...

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee Hoekje | 1 comments I am so glad I found this group. I have missed you.
Lee

message 11: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
And now we have Lee back!

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments Yay! This one is sure not so easy to find! If I did not receive an email notification, I don’t think I could!
Kathy

message 13: by Su Co (new)

Su Co (SuCoPlaysGo) | 2 comments I missed your posts but now have found you. I haven't been posting mostly because I'm not reading mysteries very often now but I had been reading your posts from time to time. Even though I have disrobed, I am continuing to use "Su Co" as my nickname because my friend recognize it. I am living in Maine these days. Hope I am still welcome.

message 14: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
Suco glad to have you among us again, Have to be careful because auto correct keeps changing you to "suck"! .I haven't been reading much lately as a bout of shingles in late May screwed up right eye and a mild stroke on the 11th of this month has screwed up the other one.You are so welcom here!

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments Su Co! So nice to see you here! I think all the new "digs" are rather difficult to maneuver so I, too, am not posting much.

Cluny, I hope you are mending.
Kathy

message 16: by Su Co (new)

Su Co (SuCoPlaysGo) | 2 comments I haven't been reading so much because the glasses I got after my cataract surgery aren't quite right. I have an appointment in 2 weeks with a new doctor, keeping my fingers crossed.
In the meantime I have been watching tons of Korean dramas on Netflix, Viki, and Amazon Prime and found some good apps to study Korean.
By the way, if you like classical music, + romantic comedy/drama "Tomorrow's Cantabile" on Netflix is a delight (the first episodes of Korean series tend to introduce too many characters so watch at least the first 2 and you will probably want to continue).Some of their mysteries are good but can be violent but little of no nudity.

message 17: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
An unseen investigation by Stieg Larsson, the late journalist and author of the Millennium Trilogy, has come to light and will be revealed in a new true crime book. Larsson was a leading expert on antidemocratic, right-wing, extremist organizations. He died in 2004, shortly after delivering the manuscripts for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.

On February 28, 1986, Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme was shot dead in Stockholm. The crime is still unsolved today. It’s now known that Larsson began his own investigation into the assassination—continuing the search until his own death. In 2014, journalist and documentary filmmaker, Jan Stocklassa gained access to the 20 boxes of Larsson’s research into the case.

“In The Man Who Played with Fire: Stieg Larsson and the Hunt for an Assassin, Stocklassa reveals new facts about the case and reveals the hitherto unknown research of the best-selling author in a fascinating true crime story. For the first time in many years, the police in Sweden have taken active measures to investigate a new suspect in the murder case and are pursuing leads based on the research revealed in Stocklassa’s book.”

message 18: by Cluny (new)

Cluny | 12 comments Mod
Article posted to BookRiot.