What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Sci-fi dystopian novel

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Estefania (new)

Estefania | 1 comments I've been trying to figure out what book this is for some time now and it's killing me. I remember very little of it, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.
I'm pretty sure it's a YA sci fi book. It's about a group of teens that all end up in this building somehow, where I think experiments are done on them or something like that. There's like technology that people are trying out on these teens. I do remember that one girl had a lasting effect from these experiments. She had headaches all the time, I even remember the main character mentioning that she was able to take pills without water because of how often she took them.
I believe the main character is a guy, I could be wrong. And I think that there was a bit of a romance between the main character and a girl from that group.
This book sounds very similar to House of Stairs but I'm sure it's not that book. I read this book about 5 to 6 years ago when I was in middle school, but I don't know when it was published. This could also possibly be a series but I have no idea.

message 2: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (heckos) | 9 comments Could it be The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester? I doubt it, but the premise seemed close enough to mention anyway.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33543 comments Mod
The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester - Rosie' suggestion

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2112 comments Bump.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Divergent, maybe? They aren't really experiments but they undergo trials if you will that have many adverse effects and take place in a building.

The Maze Runner doesn't start off this way but later on in the series it does turn into a group of teenagers that are in a lab setting.

I haven't read this book but The Testing, maybe?

message 7: by Kady (new)

Kady Maximum ride? Main character is a girl though

message 8: by Kris (new)

Maximum Ride series by James Patterson - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4357... - Kady's suggestion

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hoople | 6 comments The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams? https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/sho...

message 10: by Kris (new)

Note: Estefania (OP) was last active on the site in October 2019.

message 11: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 1 comments I'm trying to find this one too! I think the protagonist had hearing problems as well? And I think there was at least a sequel. Potentially a green/black cover but I'm not certain on that