101 Books to Read Before You Die discussion

The Woman in White
This topic is about The Woman in White
Completed Reads > Woman in White - Second Epoch

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alana (last edited Oct 03, 2017 07:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alana (alanasbooks) | 1189 comments Mod
Discuss the chapters of Marian's narrative, Mr. Fairlie's and the housekeeper's narratives.

message 2: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix | 46 comments oh my gosh, you guys... september the library didn't get the book to me in time, and now october i just got the book today...it's massive! is it worth trying to read in the next couple of weeks?

No worries, the threads remain open even after the month is over! Yes, I think it's worth it: I really enjoy this particular book and I find it an easy read, even if it is on the long side. It's a compelling mystery, so it pulls you along pretty well, and reads quickly.

This section starts out sadly, with a poor injured dog! Why must mean men always go after poor innocent animals? Although I guess Collins is doing lots of foreshadowing with Laura's dog reacting so strongly to him, and then later seeing his hatred towards other animals. You know what they say about a dog's instincts.

Boy this whole section is a doozy! So much plot thickening, sneaky doings and shenanigans! While I find the female characters to be sadly over dramatic, the plot itself is very thrilling and invigorating. One can guess at the ending of course, but the means of getting there is a fun ride!